“Best Hotel with GREAT FRIENDLY SERVICE & QUALITY!! ********” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pacific Inn of Redwood City

Pacific Inn of Redwood City
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Redwood City
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Best Hotel with GREAT FRIENDLY SERVICE & QUALITY!! ********”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2010

This place is amazing!!! stayed there many times now after trying out all the others near there which don't even compare, the rooms cleanliness is great an my girlfriend checks everything so for her to not complain was quite nice! the price is nothing for the service and quality you get. I talked to several other tenants during my stays most of which are staying there on business some couples of course all had nothing to complain about! the breakfast is a great bonus with pancakes an bacon to eggs an French toast with sausage. if you get the munchies anytime they have complimentary nachos an popcorn in the office along with delicious fresh cookies made daily. I highly recommend this place for anyone an business travelers with GREAT, FRIENDLY SERVICE AN A CLEAN AN COMFY ROOM! What else could you possibly ask for.. its the best hotel in the area hands down!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank H0telmaniac

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2010

I'm from Austrtalia and I'm here to visit the sites of San Francisco and the Bay Area!
I have had family members from France, Australia, New Zealand, Tonga, and Salt Lake City, who have stayed here and have enjoyed the high quality service Pacific Inn has provided for us throughout our stay.
My sister and I are currently in the hotel and will extend for the next few nights. The hotel staff here at Pacific Inn have been nothing but respectful, courteous, and very helpful from the day we checked in.
A huge thank you to the hotel staff for making us feel welcome and safe during our time here with you. I can honestly say that the staff here are well trained by management. Throughout our interactions with the staff, it is quite evident that management values hospitality and puts an emphasis on high quality customer service. I will definitely remember my stay here not only because of the affordable prices but because of the people who made my day-to-day activities just a little more joyful!
Once again thank you very much from the land down under aka AUSTRALIA!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank LandDownUnder08
Sacramento
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2010

I am staying at the hotel now and although the room is nice and the bed is comfortable the hotel desk staff (the one that was on duty 10/4 at about 1pm, female asian) was horribly rude! There was a problem with my card...on thier side because when I called my bank they could not find a thing that was wrong with my card. The snotty woman just stood there and stared at me accusingly...THEN when there was REALLY nothing wrong with my card...all the sudden she (Hotel woman) then got it to go through! Very curious! It was like she wanted me to get cash for some reason. She was accusitory and rude! When it went through and my bank assured me that they couldnt even see them trying to retrieve payment. They said there was never a denial code at all... Hotel woman kept on saying it was denied! When it went through she just said..."You want Breakfast?".. That was it no Sorry or anything! I couldnt believe it! Horrible! I will never stay here again!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TiffanyHemp
PacificInn, Manager at Pacific Inn of Redwood City, responded to this review, 7 October 2010
We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We will work on the clerk's customer service skills. As for the credit card, sometimes computer systems have problems with certain credit cards for no obvious reason so we will also talk to our check-in system representative about this issue. This way other guests do not have to face the same inconvenience.

Travellers are raving about these Redwood City hotels

San Ramon, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2010

Wow!!! What an awesome time my wife and I had staying @ the Pacific Inn for the weekend. From the time we checked in till we left. The staff was courteous and a pleasure to work with. Our room was very clean and neat. Looked like they had just redecorated the room. The morning breakfast was to die for. We had a slew of options to enjoy as our morning meal in their cozy breakfast room. I got a pleasant surprise to run into a ferrari show room next door when my wife and I went out for a walk. Overall, we both had a very relaxing and great stay.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kanjaniwana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2010

"We checked in at 2pm today. An hour and forty-nine minutes later to our surprise, there's a knock at the door! The hotel management proceeded with nearly completely opening our room door before my husband had to physically hold the door closed to keep them from entering because I was undressed!!! I mean they were about to barge in like they were the swat team asking if we had a receipt an everything!

Instead of giving me time to dress, I had to tuck away in the bathroom like a wanted fugitive! While in the meantime, my poor husband had to stand by while they practically did a strip search of the room claiming the previous occupant left their wallet (which they did find under the bed)and then left without apology.

This was handled so poorly. They could have called the room saying we believe someone left their wallet, may we come check it out Or even, they could have checked the room to make sure there were no occupants before barging in!

This is NOT how you treat PAYING guests whom having been frequenting your hotel since 2002! Needless to say we packed up our things and demanded a prompt refund and will not be returning, EVER!

• Stayed September 2010
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank ShockandAppalled
PacificInn, Manager at Pacific Inn of Redwood City, responded to this review, 7 September 2010
I apologize for the inconvenience caused to the guest and I appreciate that the guest took the time to bring this issue to our attention. We strive to make our guest's stay a satisfying one, however for security reasons, according to the hotel rules, we have to physically inspect the room when the previous guest leaves behind a wallet. This procedure was followed as soon as we were aware that the wallet might still be in the room. The individuals who went to inspect for the item, knocked on the door and there was no response, therefore they opened it to find that the security latch was on. After they were allowed in the room to check for the wallet, they found it under the bed which made the previous guest really happy. It is unfortunate that we upset the current guest in the process. The issue has been resolved with the guest as our team has personally spoke with them and the appropraite action has been taken.
Ct
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2010

I appreciate what this place is trying to offer. The prompt responses of the management to reviews describing problems is just one indication of their efforts.

As some reviewers have noted, the breakfast here is unique and offers much more than the chains offer, with their very packaged breakfasts.

This place is quirky and a return to the 50's, but...I loved the 50's. Pacific Inn gives you a lot for your money.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank QQueenie
San Bruno
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2010

I've been in Comfort Inn, Days Inn, Best Western but no one ever come close as what Pacific inn has to offer for breakast buffet. (Eggs, Sausage, Corned Beef.. you name it). I got a single room with mini kitchen. Almost perfect but one thing sucks was the internet connection. It was slow like a dial up. If Internet connection is your primary concern then please check out other hotel, best western offer the fastest connection. I hope they address this issue.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PacificInn, Manager at Pacific Inn of Redwood City, responded to this review, 12 February 2010
Sorry to hear your internet connection was slow. We have guests who have been staying here for the past year and they do business from the room through the internet and they have had no problems. But we will surely get the IT person out here to do a speed test. We appreciate your review and will work on this asap.