Trying to find something near Palo Alto under $100/night that didn't sound really bad in reviews proved very challenging. This sounded decent and it was. I didn't need fancy, and this wasn't, but it was clean, everything worked, safe, comfortable, smelled fine, and we paid @$90/night total with AAA discount and taxes. It was as good as i expected and even a little better.
Room Details: Bed was comfortable, though sheets and pillowcases a bit thin/unsoft. Shower surprisingly nice. Little fridge, coffeepod machine, microwave all standard and clean. Only environmental thing i'd change would be to lose the scented detergent and/or fabric softener, i need fragrance free and the 'floral' scent in the towels bugged me - but probably wouldn't bother most folks. The room otherwise smelled fine to me, which matters a lot.
Noise - we asked for a quiet room, and upstairs on the pool side we didn't really get road noise from the street. However, there were noisy trains and early noisy garbage pickup, as other reviews have noted. I think that's the area, not the hotel per se, comes with the territory. Expect that and be prepared to deal with it.
Service - we didn't have any problems, everyone we dealt with was perfectly nice. My room requests (reserved online via bestwestern.com) had come through and were in the system. They were accommodating about late check-out.
Other - there's a 'Stacks' restaurant right across the parking lot. We didn't try it but it seemed very popular both weekend mornings. We didn't ever try the lobby coffee/breakfast so i don't know what that was like.
4 stars in context of other things in that area for that price. Very good considering that. In less competitive areas i'd say 3 stars: an average room, it was fine, no problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the peaceful environment of Redwood City. Twenty-five minutes from downtown San Francisco, this pleasant community lies on the Bay Area's West Peninsula, adjacent to Stanford University and Silicon Valley. Redwood City is home to the pine forest of Huddart Park, a mountainous preserve which offers visitors a relaxing and picturesque setting for hiking and picnicking. Walking down Redwood City's cobblestone Main Street, one is able to get a taste of San Francisco style, while actually being in a quaint and small town. Cafes, novelty shops, and fine restaurants coupled with beautiful natural surroundings are the elements of charming Redwood City that will truly enhance your stay here. Your stay at the BEST WESTERN Inn is sure to be a memorable one in this picturesque setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Hotel Redwood City
- Best Western Redwood City
- Redwood City Best Western