All reviews walking path full kitchen yogurt san carlos airport hotel is located would stay here again every morning front desk staff room was spacious free breakfast enjoyed my stay bay bridgette microwave business burns gym
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Stayed here not because I wanted too, but was moved from another hotel as they double booked my room (grrr).

WHAT'S GOOD
- The staff is very helpful
- Free breakfast
- New rooms and very clean
- Pillows are surprisingly good (I'm a pillow snob!)
- Walking distance to the mall with many restaurants and shops near by
- Oh, and they let dogs stay there, which is very nice

WHAT'S NOT GREAT
- Hotel is next to a VERY loud busy street. I had to use my White Noise App on my phone to get to sleep every night.
- Beds are a bit on the hard side
- There is only one main road in off the freeway. So the traffic is SUPER CRAZY during rush hour traffic times.

Room Tip: Not sure if there are ANY rooms that are less noisy, really
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Sara S
TPS-Redwood_City, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Redwood City Redwood Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Hello Sara S,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments. I'm very happy to know you enjoyed so many things about your stay with us. It’s true there is only one way to reach our hotel entrance, as we are located at the end of Twin Dolphin Drive and Bay Area traffic certainly can be heavy.

I’m so sorry but truly surprised to know you had trouble sleeping due to any street noise though. With our hotel set back approximately 900 feet from the closest intersection of Twin Dolphin Drive/Redwood Shores Parkway to the front and walking trail, Steinberger Slough, and wildlife preserve immediately at the rear of our hotel, guests generally comment that we have a rather quiet location. Again, I'm sorry you had a different experience though in that regard.

Thank you again and hopefully we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

- Checked in early. Front desk staff very pleasant. Raquel was lovely.

- Large room with sofa, kitchen, and big desk.

-Asked for and received a quiet room on the 4th floor (425). No highway or neighbor noise.

-Comfortable bed; slept like a log.

- Good free breakfast (eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurt, fruit, cereal, pastries, toast). 24/7 free coffee.

-Cost was in line or cheaper than other similar class Redwood hotels for the wknd and I can’t imagine they are better. ($200 or so for Thursday, about $110 each for Friday/Saturday).

- A scenic walking path on the bay is right out the door.

- One negative: “gym” was two treadmills and an elliptical.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Just stayed at this hotel this week and really enjoyed it. The location was very quiet and the room was spacious. I was surprised to find my room had a kitchen and an office desk space. The view from my room even overlooked the water. The hotel also had a free breakfast available starting at 6am. The location was also convenient for Bay Area business meetings. Looking forward to staying here again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Mrdogbert
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Stayed at TownePlace on a business trip to Oracle headquarters. Great location - just a 5 minute Uber ride to Oracle and a 10 minute walk to some great restaurants, grocery store, etc. Many restaurants also offer free delivery in the area. The property looks to be fairly recently redone so the rooms are comfortable and updated. Everything was clean and well maintained. The free hot/full breakfast was standard but good, and cookies were available in the evening and 24h coffee/tea.

The one thing I was unimpressed with was the thin walls/floors. I could hear the person above me up and about at 5:30 a.m. each morning - both their foot steps as well as bathroom pipes. I'm a heavy sleeper so this did not impact me as much, but if you are a light sleeper, be forewarned and request a room on the top floor perhaps.

Room Tip: Top floor to minimize noise from foot falls of other guests.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

My husband was here for 3 months and our boys and I often came to visit him. We loved it here. Very, very friendly staff! Very, very clean! They do such a great job trying to get you to feel like you aren't stuck in a hotel room. It started to feel like a little home.
You can't go wrong checking in here!

Stayed: December 2017