“A fair place to stay in peninsula”

Days Inn Redwood City
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Redwood City
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I am travelling every other week to bay area for business stay for 5 nights and have stayed in this hotel few times in past few months. They have some updated rooms and I have been lucky that I have stayed in these rooms. In comparison with other inns in this area, I have been very satisfied with this hotel considering the price.
The hotel is located in good and safe area and rooms are comfortable and clean. The general manager is Sam and he is a helpful guy.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Redwood City

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Stayed here while visiting the SF area. The hotel was undergoing renovations in May 2012 but didn't interfere with my stay. The parking lot was kind of small in terms of number of parking spaces and location of them. But I gave it a chance based on the reviews I read and I didn't regret my decision. My room was behind the office, looking at the pool and garden area. I checked in late but it wasn't a problem. The room was very spacious with a fridge/microwave, TV, desk, dresser, and wardrobe. The bed was the most comfortable ever--soft yet firm-felt like pillow top or memory foam. Check in was easy-the clerk was very nice and kind. Check-out with the famous Sam was quick and he was extremely nice as well.

The hotel sets off the road a bit and is located close to a Maserati (?) dealership along a road with a mixture of businesses and restaurants. There's a shopping center about 2 blocks away.

If you are looking for a nice quality and reasonable priced hotel, then this is a good bet. Call Sam for the best prices as he told me at check-out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front part of the hotel surrounding the pool so you'll be away from the re...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I stayed at this facility before the remodeling began. What a huge difference in the amenities! The staff was pleasant and helpful. The room was very nice. I stay in mid price range motels often. This is one of the nicest.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the remodeled rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2012

The minute we got here and stepped inside our so called "suite" the room looked like a blast from the past in a very bad way. When we walked in we saw a cabinet that a tv sits on slightly tilting forward, now automattically that raised concern both me and my wife because we also brought our 19 month old daughter and with that our thought was that it can potentially fall over and possibly on her. As she was running around the room barefoot it did not take long for her feet to turn black from all the dirt that was tracked in the carpet. Do they even vacum this room? Now another thing we noticed that the cable wire to the tv was held by duct tape because the female threading was missing and the tv was not working properly. There was also duct tape around the kitchen window for some reason, a handle for the window made out of a plastic bag, and outlet cover broken that connects the a/c, oh and also a major A.D.A. Violation, no handicap access anywhere around the hotel. Did they ever inspect this place, and how is it that it is still in business.? I am disgusted and disturbed by what we have seen! This is not a safe place for my daughter to be in. We are leaving here in the morning from our first night in out of a week we reserved. Clearly overpriced for a room like this!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Slikrik55
Reviewed 18 June 2012

The walls had holes in them, the toilet was broken, the neighbor was high on drugs, the WiFi didn't work and the manager got very angry when we said this.

I'd stay away if I where you.

Room Tip: Don't get any room. Stay away.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Days Inn in Redwood City this week while picking our daughter from college. There were a myriad of problems. When we arrived, even though we had pre-paid, the person who came to the front desk, in a surly and unfriendly manner, acknowledged me and demanded my credit card and driver's license and proceeded to make photocopies of both and two extra imprints of my card as if I were a criminal or had done something wrong. No greeting of any kind. I had to sign and date three forms before I was given two keys. When I asked for an extra key, in case my daughter stopped by, the man at the front rolled his eyes. No smiles, no thank yous. Then, the premises were littered; the staff walked by garbage without picking it up. The breakfast area was the cheapest and leanest selection possible with broken cabinets and dirty tables. Fruit consisted of only a couple of mangey-looking oranges. There was no internet; it was "being fixed." Most irritating of all, the shower did not work, forcing us to try to clean ourselves in the bathtub.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CharlieS818
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We chose this Days Inn because it is pet friendly and has a reasonable daily rate for the area in which it is located. Sam Parigi, the general manager, was extremely friendly and helpful during our stay. The hotel is located on a busy street; however, it is set back from the road with an inner courtyard. Our room had no street traffic noise. The courtyard is nicely landscapped with flowers and grass. The hotel is a little old. The staff does an excellent job maintaining the property and keeping it clean. The property has a nice pool. I would recommend this Days Inn for anyone traveling with children and/or pets. This was the first time we stayed at this Days Inn, and I was a little anxious before my arrival. I was pleasantly surprised and pleased with the overall experience of staying at this Days Inn.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple