I never thought I would say that a hotel was a "bargain" at $200 a night, but considering the location (Redwood City near Palo Alto), I guess this hotel fits the bill - at least when compared to the $500 "business" rate at the Four Seasons where my business meeting was.
So short and sweet is is the pros and cons of this place:
- Good for business travelers - free WiFi, simple breakfast, newspaper - a lot like Hampton Inn; makes me cringe that the Four Seasons charges $15 for WiFi on TOP of $500 a night
- Nice clean room, desk space, plugs, lighting, flat screen TV, towels not paper thin; full set of toiletries (shampoo, soap, etc.)
- Room had a little "welcome" packet with water, popcorn for microwave, candy and granola bar; probably a personal touch from the franchise owner and not a standard a HIE
- A short distance from Palo Alto (for anyone visiting Stanford or nearby business), generally for less money
- only 30 minutes from SFO during non rush-hour peak
- Walls a THINNER than paper thin - room next door had a snorer and it sounded like he was in the room
- Motel style exterior entrance to rooms vs. central hallway - tends to make street noise and hallway noise more apparent
- Not much in the way of dining in short walking distance; there is another HIE closer in to Redwood City central with food and grocery within walking distance; though it did not look as nice as this HIE
- For $200, though it may be relatively cheap for the area, I'm expecting an environment closer to Marriott Courtyard or Hyatt Place vs. Hampton Inn; cheaper but still not a great value
Bottom line, would I stay here again? Probably if I had to but might consider one closer into Redwood City or Palo Alto vs. in between.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atherton Park Inn & Suites is an extended-stay hotel in Redwood City, California for business travellers and family vacation with spacious guest rooms, onsite restaurants, fitness centre, complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access, and easy access to Stanford University, Stanford Medical Centre & Downtown Palo Alto. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Atherton Park Inn & Suites Redwood City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Redwood City Hotel Redwood City
- Holiday Inn Redwood City
- Redwood City Holiday Inn