“Great bargain, clean, close and great price” 4 of 5 bubbles

Edgewater Inn
Edgewater Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Reedley
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great bargain, clean, close and great price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

Reading the reviews here, we chose to stay at the Edgewater because it was close to family. On arrival, the 'manager' greeted us, got us to a quiet room promptly.
The only two things I can mention are that we weren't advised about breakfast and the WiFi was not working. We found out about breakfast by accident and it turned out to be better than we hoped, with fresh fruit and pastries. Wifi, while not critical, was an annoyance.
The manager apologized for not telling us about breakfast but was also helpful about another unrelated matter, later in our stay. he location, this is a
For the price, the conditions and the location, I can absolutely recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wgarider

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Ashland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2011

I was attending a reunion at Kelly's Beach, which is across the street from the hotel. I appreciated the proximity to the reunion activities. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The only drawback was the early morning noise from bikers revving up their motorcycle engines in the motel's parking lot.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Pompano Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2010

we were so tired after going on national park trip with family so we stoped at Edgewater Inn.The hotel was NICE and CLEAN the rooms are large enough for my wife and two kids the lady who check us in was very Friendly and check us in Quickly. we didn't expected much as this was non chain motel But was better then any chain Hotels. Pool was New and was treat to Kids, Continental Breakfast was good i have to say we were impresed. i will recomend this hotel to any one.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Bakersfield, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2009

Best thing I can say: It was clean. It was a very basic motel, but then Reedley is a small town in the Central Valley of California and we couldn't expect more than the basics. However, and this is a BIG however, the air conditioner had a motion sensor and would kick off after a certail length of the time. This means when we came back to the room after dinner, it was a sauna. Worse than that, it kept kicking of while we were asleep and if you've ever been to Central California in July, you can understant how frustrating this was. We spent a miserable night getting up and down to restart the A/C. This next morning we had a funeral to go to. WOW! what a fun weekend.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Reedley hotels

Fresno, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2008

I came into Reedley on business and did not make previous travel arrangments as I did not plan on having to stay. I saw the Edgewater because it is right on the main road coming into Reedley. I pulled in to the motel and got a room for pretty cheap. I then went downtown to get some dinner where I stumpled across Hotel Burgess. The owner was outside watering and he invited me to take a tour. I had no idea what a wonderful place I would be walking into. I was so delighted I made reservations for the next night. I am so glad I did. I did not get much sleep at the Edgewater, extremely noisey. Hotel Burgess was quiet and comfortable. The staff was warm and excited to speak to all of their guests, Edgewater staff semed like they were annoyed I was there. All in all, I hope more people can experience this great place.

• Liked — Location on main road
  • Disliked — The noise and uninviting staff
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank QueenSh
Bern, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2008

After we didn't find a free room on our way to Sequoia NP we decided to go to Reedley to look for a Hotel. We found the Edgewater Inn on the City Exit. We got a 2 queen size bed room for a fairly rate. The Hotel is okay for a one night stay. The room was large and clean. No problem with this Hotel.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank comlab
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2008

Stayed at the Edgewater for one night only while visiting family in the area for Easter. It's your standard two floor motel arrangement, much like Motel 6. Room rate was $75 ($81 incl tax). Had 2 double beds, room 114 on the lower floor.

About the only good thing was the plentiful parking. The room itself had an overpowering odor of Febreze or some other cleaner. One painting was missing from the wall, the tub had a permanent blue/green stain from too much cleanser used in the past (tried rinsing with hot water and a towel, but wouldn't come out). Beds were a bit hard and not very comfortable. Walls were paper thin and we could hear all the other hotel guests throughout the night (must have been a Saturday night party going on till 3:00 am).

The real kicker was the Trojan (still in wrapper) in the back corner of the shelf above the "closet" rod. Not sure if someone was saving it for a future trip...

We had stayed there years ago and it has definitely run down since then. Granted, there aren't many other hotel options in the area and we've gotten a bit spoiled staying at Embassy Suites and such. But I don't think we'll be staying here again.

• Liked — Parking
  • Disliked — room
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank Chocochef
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reedley
Holiday Inn Express Dinuba West
Fairfield Inn & Suites Selma Kingsburg
BEST WESTERN Colonial Inn
Holiday Inn Selma-Swan Court
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fowler
Hilton Garden Inn Clovis

Been to Edgewater Inn? Share your experiences!