“Nice but expensive...”
Review of Edgewater Inn

Edgewater Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Reedley
Reviewed 30 January 2012

The room was nice but expensive and I'm not sure why. The room keys didn't work we had to go back 4 different times and it was raining so having to trot back and forth to the front desk wasn't pleasant. The beds were comfortable and the a/c/ heater worked well. The remote to the tv was broken and held together with tape lol oh well when it wasnt falling apart it worked.
The young lady working the front desk was nice so thats a plus...

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank silvalife

Reviewed 3 September 2011

I came up to Reedly for a wedding and chose Edgwater basically for the price. Did not expect much, but when I arrived, I was greeted by the manager. I was traveling with my ederly grandmother and they put us on the 2nd floor. But when i asked to be moved, they did so on the spot. For the price, the breakfast was good. But the only thing wrong with this place is the Wifi. Every 20-30 minutes it cut out and I needed it to do homework for college. But other than that, I would definatly come back because it is located about 5 minutes from the center of town.

Room Tip: There is no difference with the rooms, just how many beds you need...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Barsgold
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Reading the reviews here, we chose to stay at the Edgewater because it was close to family. On arrival, the 'manager' greeted us, got us to a quiet room promptly.
The only two things I can mention are that we weren't advised about breakfast and the WiFi was not working. We found out about breakfast by accident and it turned out to be better than we hoped, with fresh fruit and pastries. Wifi, while not critical, was an annoyance.
The manager apologized for not telling us about breakfast but was also helpful about another unrelated matter, later in our stay. he location, this is a
For the price, the conditions and the location, I can absolutely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wgarider
Reviewed 19 April 2011

I was attending a reunion at Kelly's Beach, which is across the street from the hotel. I appreciated the proximity to the reunion activities. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The only drawback was the early morning noise from bikers revving up their motorcycle engines in the motel's parking lot.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2010

we were so tired after going on national park trip with family so we stoped at Edgewater Inn.The hotel was NICE and CLEAN the rooms are large enough for my wife and two kids the lady who check us in was very Friendly and check us in Quickly. we didn't expected much as this was non chain motel But was better then any chain Hotels. Pool was New and was treat to Kids, Continental Breakfast was good i have to say we were impresed. i will recomend this hotel to any one.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2009

Best thing I can say: It was clean. It was a very basic motel, but then Reedley is a small town in the Central Valley of California and we couldn't expect more than the basics. However, and this is a BIG however, the air conditioner had a motion sensor and would kick off after a certail length of the time. This means when we came back to the room after dinner, it was a sauna. Worse than that, it kept kicking of while we were asleep and if you've ever been to Central California in July, you can understant how frustrating this was. We spent a miserable night getting up and down to restart the A/C. This next morning we had a funeral to go to. WOW! what a fun weekend.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2008

I came into Reedley on business and did not make previous travel arrangments as I did not plan on having to stay. I saw the Edgewater because it is right on the main road coming into Reedley. I pulled in to the motel and got a room for pretty cheap. I then went downtown to get some dinner where I stumpled across Hotel Burgess. The owner was outside watering and he invited me to take a tour. I had no idea what a wonderful place I would be walking into. I was so delighted I made reservations for the next night. I am so glad I did. I did not get much sleep at the Edgewater, extremely noisey. Hotel Burgess was quiet and comfortable. The staff was warm and excited to speak to all of their guests, Edgewater staff semed like they were annoyed I was there. All in all, I hope more people can experience this great place.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank QueenSh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reedley
Holiday Inn Express Dinuba West
Motel 6 Kingsburg
Motel 6 Kingsburg
#2 of 4 in Kingsburg
Best Western Americana

Been to Edgewater Inn? Share your experiences!