“Great Staff, Good Value”
Review of Edgewater Inn

Edgewater Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Reedley
Los Angeles, California
“Great Staff, Good Value”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I have stayed here once before and both times the staff was especially helpful. They have done renovations since the last time I stayed, and everything is nicer. There is a pool, but it wasn't heated, so I didn't go in. The breakfast includes muffins, danishes, fruit, juice and coffee. The newspaper is free. It's a good value for the quality of the Inn.

Room Tip: Always choose the second floor in motels, so you don't hear footsteps above you.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 12 May 2013

My family stayed here last Father's Day. At first it seemed nice. Rooms were adequate, nothing special.
Then during the afternoon, it was over 100 degrees outside, I was laying on the bed in my underwear when a stranger opened my door with a key card the front desk had given him and T's him to stay in MY room. I felt very unsafe and violated!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Milady_Dd

Travellers are raving about these Reedley hotels

El Dorado, California, United States
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I spent the entire month of February at the Edgewater Inn while working in the area. We travel a lot for business and this was a pleasant surprise. The rooms are newly remodeled and are very comfortable and clean. The staff went out of their way to accommodate us with with our people coming and going. We do construction and big problem with the breakfast at most places is it opens at 7:30 or 8:00 and we are already gone. They open at 5:00 AM. I will stay here anythime I am in the Fresno area.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank George C
San Jose, CA
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Must have been recently renovated. Carpet, love seat, bed covers look new. Lots of nice touches that I didn't expect in this price range -- love seat in addition to table/chair, curved shower rod to give more space, granite (or granite-look -- I'm not an expert) countertop, refrigerator (3' high), microwave, coffee maker, iron & board, wooden hangers - some with skirt/pants clips, hairdryer, portable luggage stand, curtains that actually black out the light so you can sleep in.

TV has 3 HBO channels including one showing family movies. WiFi is free and works fine. I was on for hours and only got bounced once.

Safe area. I'm a female traveling alone and felt very comfortable.

Would be great for families -- with largish refrigerator, micro, family HBO channel, extra seating and spacious room.

Highly recommended. I always intend to write reviews and never seem to get around to it. This one inspired me to actually do it, which is saying something!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Trav247
Reviewed 6 January 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Also, the location was exceptional! The cleanliness of the room was excellent. Furthermore, the beds were extremely comfortable. I was very satisfied with my stay and I would definitely reconmend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed December 2012
Marina, California
Reviewed 22 December 2012

The room was clean and had been recently remodeled. Shortly after 10:00 PM, the bathroom ceiling vent started pouring water. We dressed and went to the office to get another room. The owner checked us into another room 2 doors over so moving all our stuff was easy. After we got settled, we found that the heater didn't work. We bundled up with the blankets from the 2nd bed and toughed it out. In the morning when I tried to tell the wner that the heater was broken, he acted like I was an idiot and didn't know how to operate a reverse cycle window unit.

Room Tip: You're not as likely to have the room above you flood your room if you book a room on the upper...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Redding
Reviewed 26 November 2012

The EdgeWater was exactly what we were looking for. Somewhere clean, spacious, safe, and friendly to stay while we were visiting family. Not to mention that the price was right since we were only sleeping there. The location was great for getting around the area. The pool, spa and playground are well kept and probably very useful in the summertime. Even though they are not pet friendly, I was able to get my kitty fix with the resident felines! Glad to hear of their renovation next year. This "older" property will really shine with some attention and upgrades. My strongest suggestion would be to add a breakfast buffet with some hot foods. They have a big beautiful lobby that would seat several people. We will definitly be back!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Reedley
Holiday Inn Express Dinuba West
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fowler
Lamp Liter Inn
Lamp Liter Inn
#4 of 14 in Visalia

Been to Edgewater Inn? Share your experiences!