Edgewater Inn
    Average 3/5
    • Pool
    US$62
    Travelocity
    All reviewskings rivernice breakfastfresh fruitrooms are cleanwould definitely stay here againcontinental breakfastsequoiatvchannelsproximity
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We did a walk in late one night and the girl at the front desk was super helpfull. She was fast at assigning a room and she pointed out directions to restaurants and supermarkets.

Truly great and with nice and affordable rates.

A pleasent and even better surprice was a nice breakfast that contained more items than we expected.

Highly recommend!!

Stayed: May 2014
    1  Thank Kn5450
    Reviewed 18 October 2013

We have stayed at the Edge Water Inn before so we knew what to expect but were completely surprised at the renovations that had taken place since we were there in 2011. The transformation was wonderful! Everything was new and exceptionally clean. We had spent 4 nights at a casino hotel in Laughlin, NV the week before and it didn't hold candle to this motel. Everything that we needed was provided, refrigerator, coffee pot, hair dryer, even an iron and ironing board. Internet service was good. The housekeeping staff replenished everything each day and were friendly. At breakfast there were waffles, oatmeal, fruit, juice, coffee and milk and sweet rolls. Plenty of parking. It was a quiet place even though almost every unit was occupied each of the 4 nights that we were there. We recommended the Edge Water to another couple and they stayed there also. Yes, we recommend this motel highly.

Room Tip: We always request a room close to the office so we can sit at the table outside our room since we are there for several days.
    • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
    4  Thank Marjorie H
    Reviewed 25 August 2013

Fairly modern hotel that shows a Booking.com 2012 rating of 8.1. Other recent reviews give it way below that, but a 7/10 would fit when we stayed there for 2 nights, late August 2013.
    It was clean, a spacious room, efficient A/C, big TV and comfy bed. Toiletries, good bath and everything worked fine except no wi-fi signal in our room. The pool was being used. by many others so we did not use.
    The continental b/fast was OK, but only 3 seats, so,no real chance to communicate with other guests. Fresh milk was not available on the 2nd day at 8.30am, but this is offered from 5am - good for those on the move.
    We found it hard to locate the Hotel so would recommend using Google maps to pinpoint. Office comment was that GPS for clients sometimes misled them.

Room Tip: No GPS signal in corner rooms
    • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
    3  Thank uzzul
    Reviewed 22 August 2013

I travel a lot for work, stay in all sorts of places and try to be frugal but I may have made a mistake this time. I got in late (9:30) and the parking lot was almost full. The gal at the desk was very nice but as I am parking my car (nowhere near my room) there are groups of men standing in a couple areas talking really loudly and cussing up a blue streak. Major F-bombs. Since it is late and I am alone I feel less than comfortable with this scenario. I get to my room and the furniture is old, worn and drab. There is a flat screen TV, a microwave, fridge, coffee maker and hair dryer. No clock, an ice bucket but I am not going out for ice, the bed is not comfortable and there are no table lamps by the bed. Instead there are can lights in the ceiling for each side of the bed. The free Internet is non existent. Signal is so low it is worthless. I would not recommend staying here.

Room Tip: I am not sure there is a good room here.
    • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
    4  Thank Katie M
    Reviewed 7 August 2013

I am sitting in my room and there are some folks downstairs that have a BBQ going on their tailgate with music blasting. The folks in the office are nice.....but they can hear the music and see the smoke....so why don't they say something!? There is free Internet but it has been down more than it has been up. The staff were very friendly......but all in all I wish I had driven to Kingsburg and gotten a nice room where I could have gotten a good nights sleep and be sure my car would be there in the morning.

Room Tip: I got the master suite. It was okay and really good for 1 person or a couple.
    • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo