“We would stay there again in a heart beat”

Days Inn Fontana / Rialto
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rialto
Vancouver, Washington
“We would stay there again in a heart beat”
Reviewed 6 June 2011

After reading previous reviews I was a bit leary of staying here. We found the room to be clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff was friendly and accommodating. All though the restaurant on the premises was closed, we were less than a mile from a Coco's that serves great meals.
We spent three nights and would stay again in a heart beat.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 7 July 2009

I stayed here a couple times over a few weeks for some work I had in the area. The place is clean and quiet, making it perfect for a good night's rest. That's just what I was looking for so I could take care of my work.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
always on the move
Reviewed 3 February 2009

My husband, infant daughter, and myself stayed here on one of our nights driving cross country. All I can say is that this was one of the most disgusting hotels I have ever come across.

The floors were disgusting. If you walked from one end of the room to the other barefoot you would need to wash your feet off to get the black gunky mess off of your feet. We definitely couldn't set our daughter on the ground to play without fear of what mystery gunk was all over the carpet.

The shower water never got warm the entire time we were there and you couldn't get the bathroom door to ever close. Not that you would want to spend too much time in the bathroom that was infested with bugs.

The hotel advertised a gym and restaurant that would serve the continental breakfast, however, neither were ever open and available to guests.

The price wasn't terrible, however, for the state of the entire place I wouldn't have expected to pay more than some lower end hotel chains.

• Liked — The cable television selection was decent.
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Rialto hotels

seattle, washington
Reviewed 20 December 2006

I've been staying at this best western for 3 years now. I stay at least 8 times a year and every time, I love the service and the room quality.. and the security is constantly around.. so that makes me feel safe. These people here must just have had bad luck... or maybe expecting too much for the price they're paying? don't know.. but I've had great experience here every time!

Stayed November 2006
1 Thank annabanana61
canada
Reviewed 6 October 2006

Have stayed on and off for 10 years while attending Route 66 Rendevous in San Bernardino but have not been for a few years. This used to be excellent value. Latest experience, doors would not unlock and belongings stuck inside, new room infested with insects, crowning touch was the laudry room with one working washer and I had to reinstall the door on the dryer to make it work that and a very filthy room. one washer for 98 rooms? Upon check out I discovered all nights had already been charged to my visa despite my request and assurance I could pay cash on check out AND I discovered everyone in front of me checking out paid substantially less despite the fact I had reserved my room from Canada six months earlier. I have advised Best Western this property is not worthy of their logo

Stayed September 2006
California
Reviewed 25 August 2006

My husband and I stayed here because it was near a park we were going to for a family reunion. When we first arrived, we had to go to the night window because it was late. After waiting several minutes at the window, a work that was near it finally came to help us; he didn't say good evening or hello. It took a while to find the room that was reserved for us which was a double bed. We originally were going to share the room with family, but they stayed somewhere else. Sharing this with the worker, we asked if there was another room available to stay in that had a single bed, but there wasn't anything available other than a suite. This was no problem, but we had to pay more; we decided to stay with the double bed room.
Inside our room was very dark and muggy. We placed our luggage down and got ourselves situated. As I was using the restroom, I noticed their a few ants and small cockroaches in the bathroom. I informed my husband of what I saw and called the receptionist to have it taken care of. My husband wasn't even on the phone that long, when his call was dropped. He immediately called back and told them if it was going to be taken care of. The person told him yes, but nobody came that night.

The next day we went into the lobby and informed the lady that was working there about the ants and cockroaches; she didn't seem surprised, but said she knew and they've been having the problem for a while. My husband asked if someone could come to the room and have it sprayed and cleaned beccause we would be gone for the afternoon to which she said yes. We left for the reunion and needless to say when we returned, we noticed the room was "cleaned up" and fresh towels were placed in the bathroom, but I still saw cockroaches. Unfortunately, we stayed another night there because we were too tired from the All-Day event.

The second morning we went to the lobby and a gentleman "helped" us pay for the room. Again, we were not greeted. My husband asked if there was a form to fill if he needed to make a coplaint in which the guy pointed to the form which was on the otherside of counter. Another guy was there with him, but was not working at all, he was just sitting there looking at space. My husband filled the form, we grabbed our stuff and headed out the door. We didn't even get a thank you for staying.

I am sad to say that the employees did not seeme to care about what their customers needs were and that we had unpleasant stay. I am glad that we were gone for most of the day.

• Liked — It was near our loaction
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank abbasfavdaughter
glendale, az
Reviewed 21 August 2006

This past weekend my car club and I drove to California from Arizona. Our mission was to show our vehicles at a local car show in Rialto. We arrived early Saturday morning about 3a.m. We had spoke to a representative of the hotel over the phone and they had assured us that we would be charged for one night because we were arriving so early. We were to stay until late checkout on Sunday. Upon arrival the night manager had given us an attitude and was trying to charge us for two days. We had informed her of the conversation we had with their representative and she finally gave us our rooms. We booked a total of five rooms, two of which were suppose to be king size beds, and the other three were two full size beds. All of the rooms were two full size beds. most of the rooms were non-smoking rooms so we had to smoke outside, where we were constantly harrassed by the night manager and the security officer. this went on throught out the two night stay. some of our bedrooms had an infestation of ants, blood stains on sheets, bath tubs filling with raw sewage, bathroom doors not locking or closing, rusted out air conditioning units that worked half the time, and overall horrible maintenance of rooms. Our situation just seemed to get worse when our card for our room was de-activated and we had to get a new one. The night manager once again showed us her true colors and was very rude. Later on the night of Saturday 4 out of the five rooms had stayed home and slept in while some of us went out for the evening. When we got back we chatted with some fellow persons of the car club scene. We had just met them when we saw the manager approaching us so we returned to our room where we had a confrontation with manager. She had claimed that she saw one of the guys with us drinking and insisted he was underage. He is 26years old, was not drinking and was on his way to bed. She had insisted that he was my son, I am 28. I informed her that I would have been 2 if that were true. She later called the police and had us kicked out of our room because another guy had went to the vending machine to purchase a bottle of water. They had kicked just him out and that had woke us up and another person went to have a smoke due to stress of our friend from Arizona being kicked out without a vehicle to drive, and that lead for us to be kicked out at 3:30a.m. How were we not to be angry that we had to sleep in our vehicle for five hours so we can still attend our show. We weren't even offered our money back or even get anytime to change or even shower. The restaurant was just as bad. They had no air conditioning, the tables and glasses were very dirty, food and beverages were horrible and the service was even worse. This was the worst experience I had ever encountered. I hope you will reconsider staying at this place.

• Liked — The whole experience was horrible.
  • Disliked — The whole experience was horrible.
  • Tips/Secrets — Make sure you check status on hotel before staying there.
  • Stayed August 2006
1 Thank myriahbeans
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rialto
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Fontana
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#5 of 7 in Colton
Comfort Inn & Suites Colton
Best Western Plus Arrowhead Hotel

Been to Days Inn Fontana / Rialto? Share your experiences!