“Very good hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Richmond
Levallois-Perret, France
“Very good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I was about to give a 3 stars review as the Wifi went down till the next day morning but staff is so helpful that I keep a 4 stars review. Except the wifi issue, eveything else was ok : Breakfast was included and is similar as the one in the other courtyard but is good and generous. I would recommend this hotel. Location is close to Berkeley and not far from SF but the traffic to SFO can be terrible.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CBO06880

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We were only here for a night but it was great to get out of San Francisco City as it was packed. The hotel was great, wonderful service. They have a bar and a little bistro if you are hungry. Best to leave either early or later because the traffic is insane. I am from Los Angeles so this was pretty close to that. Took us about 2 hours to go 20 miles out of San Fran to the hotel. Overall was a great stay!

Room Tip: Had a nice room on the top floor!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jon N
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I was in California for a wedding this past weekend and needed a place to stay for a couple days. The location was perfect! Close to shopping as well as many restaurants. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Lobby was nice and high tech, looked like it had recently been remodeled. The staff was also very friendly. I would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor room if possible. Less noise so you can have a good nights rest.
Green Features: I liked that there was a recycling bin in the room!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Mariposa, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Easy freeway access to airport and points beyond. Josh, the desk manager upon our arrival, was very friendly and efficient. An earlier negative comment from someone about location was unfounded, as this hotel is in one of the better locations for the area, with well lit parking. The walking distance restaurant, shopping mall, and easy drive to regional parks were all appreciated. Two separate nights on this short trip had us once in the upgraded suite #323, and once in the ADA room #108 (it was the last room available after our very late reservation). The first is superior if ADA is not needed. (note to hotel: include a TV channel guide + bistro menu, and check the "low battery light" in the thermostat, in room #108) The in-hotel bistro was surprisingly very good. Our late night take-out to our room was handled promptly by the very pleasant bistro clerk, and the morning breakfast taco and Starbucks coffee, handled by an equally pleasant and efficient clerk, were excellent. A late night loud group in the parking lot, not the fault of the hotel, was handled, and apologized for by the nice morning staff the next day. Since there are also no added parking fees, internet fees, or "resort fees" here, for our next monthly trip in the area, we will definitely return.

Green Features: Recycle bin, next to trash, was in the ADA room , but not in the upgrade room
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank cuestaroble
SoCal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

My first impression of this hotel came as I staggered in to the lobby out of the rain, two hours late due to flight delays. I was looking for a computer in the lobby to check in for my next day's Southwest flight, but the young man at the counter assured me he could check in for me and did so before registering me for the night. He also produced a package which had been left for me without being asked. Since it was late and raining, I had no desire to venture out for a meal, so I made use of their small cafe/bar. Brady was working alone but took care of my drink as well as my dinner order. The shrimp potstickers were pretty tasty. He provided friendly and efficient service to all the guests there while I ate and chatted with some associates.
My room had to be a bit unusual as it was a suite with a conference table with seating for 6. Big flat screen in the living room and a smaller one with a king bed in the other room. Bed was fine, all rooms were clean, but the bathroom was pretty small, especially for a suite this size. The amenities are utilitarian and the towels are definitely a step up from motel issue, but not your "big and fluffy" variety. Since this was a company prepaid stay, I can't remark on the value of the room or the desirability of the area since we were shuttled off to our job at 6:30 the next morning, but I can say there were no cautionary tales to tell about this Courtyard.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Clean hotel, clean rooms and bathroom. Very nice hotel staff. I asked for a small fridge for my room and it was delivered within 10 minutes of being checked into my room. The workout room is nice and never crowded in the evenings. I have heard that this area can be a little "rough" but I have never had a problem or noticed any unsafe situations. The parking lot is always well lit and appears to be safe. There is a shopping mall directly across the street from this Marriott. I have stayed at this Courtyard numerous times now and it's a keeper for me. There are also numerous restaurants nearby.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kim L
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Don't waste your time at other hotels. I have, and they don't add up to this one. This hotel has been renovated, is comfortable, and the location for me is great.

The rooms are well appointed and very comfortable. On top of this the front desk staff is amazing! They exceed my expectations every time I am there. They call me by name and remember me even though I only come 3-4 times per year. They make me feel at home. The restaurant is good for breakfast in the morning, and there are many restaurants near this hotel.

Now for the big secret that gives this a 5 instead of a 4. The HOT TUB AND POOL! Hot Tub rocks after a long stressful day at my office.

For the price in East bay area, it doesn't get better than this.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Brad G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Holiday Inn Express San Pablo
DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina
Hotel Mira Vista
Hotel Mira Vista
#1 of 5 in El Cerrito
Days Inn Pinole Berkeley
HYATT house Emeryville / San Francisco Bay Area
Courtyard Oakland Emeryville

Been to Courtyard Richmond Berkeley? Share your experiences!