“Lazy staff!”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Richmond
San Pablo, California
“Lazy staff!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Room and beds ok, We paid for 2 nights asked for room to be cleaned while we stepped out once returned 2 hrs later no room service had been performed latina maid came cleaned room for us, gv her 10 Dollar tip for more towels and toilet tissue, she never came back to bring tissue or towels! Talked to lazy indian man he didnt care or fix the situation! Very poor service for the price!! stingy with towels and toilet tissue

• Stayed July 2014
Hemant P, General Manager at Economy Inn Richmond, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
I apologize that your room was not given service within the time frame that you wanted. Your request was given to the housekeeper within 5 minutes of your request; but it was simply a request. We cannot always fulfill every guests requests, but we do try our best. As our housekeeper told you we were sold out the night before and the second housekeeper called in sick. Check out rooms have priority as other guests were trying to check in. You were the first person given service that day. Although we couldn't get to you within the 2 hour time frame you had given us; we gave you service as soon as we could. Thank you for the positive comments you left for our property.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
San Mateo, California
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Friendly staff. Made my stay easier even though I was traveling with a baby. Clean and well-maintained rooms. Felt it was a really good value. location was easy to get into S.F. close to everything. I'll surely stay here again the next time we are in the bay area. free wifi too!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
usa
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I stayed here for a low cost night after arriving at SFO, to get an early start to meet up with friends and hike the Dipsea from Mill Valley to Stinson. Hotels in Mill Valley and surrounds were several hundreds of dollars compared to $72 here. All I needed was a place to lay my head for a night. However, the walls were thin and a loud (not raucous, just inconsiderate) group of guests arrived after midnight. I just ignored them, it didn't last long.

The room had new carpets, pergo and tile floors and had been painted. The bedding was new and very comfortable. The TV set was old but offered DirectTV channels. The furniture was a bit knocked but was clean and was also solid wood construction. Parking at building 2 was off street, well lit and out of street view. Free Wifi was good enough to stream a movie. Nearby are a Safeway, Starbucks, Subway, and a natural foods store. So the basics are in place. My room had a new heating/cooling unit and the window opened for ventilation.

I lived a couple years in this neighborhood in Richmond, just a few blocks away, while in college in the '70s. I would have hoped the area would have come up by now especially with BART coming through. Unfortunately it has slid backwards. My old place on McLaughlin Ave is in ruins and the businesses on San Pablo Ave are a sorry lot. So, it was a lonely depressing experience. I don't know how places like this will make it even with decent prices and facelifts.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I stayed there for 2 nights and I liked every thing abt this place. Newly renovated rooms, convenient location, good staff and most importantly better value.
This is one of the better I found for this price money. I had twin bed room for myself and the room is renovated like the one you will find in franchise motels.
Office staff was very helpful and recommened me couple of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Hotel Mira Vista
La Quinta Inn Berkeley
La Quinta Inn Berkeley
#8 of 20 in Berkeley
Days Inn Pinole Berkeley

Been to Economy Inn Richmond? Share your experiences!