“Would not go back” 2 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly
Budapest
“Would not go back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

I would not eat here again. Food took a long time and was not great. The salmon we ordered was tough and very over cooked. Stroganoff sauce was nice but the beef was tough . Nice place for ridgecrest but that's not saying much. Just my experience, nothing more.

• Visited April 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A stunning find in Ridgecrest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

Born and raised here and moved away in the 80s. I live in a city of 5 million, and Mon Reve matches or tops the best of French dining in it.

A wonderful, wonderful experience and a gem in the IWV.

bigredusmc
“Simply the best...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013

In our small town, this is THE best restaurant in town. My first experience was during a corporate holiday meal. Mon Reve is French for "My Dream". The chef (yes, he's French) is a very warm and inviting gentleman who takes pride in his work and you can taste it. I recommend you plan far in advance as the reservations accumulate quickly. The environment is akin to a Tuscan villa with the paint and art, but very relaxing and romantic. I ordered the filet mignon with the ratatouille with an actual German beer (score!). The dish was cooked to perfection. Tons of flavor and the perfect portion size. Once I cleaned my plate, dessert was offered and while many of my colleagues opted for an espresso, I couldn't resist the temptation of the chef's Apple Tart with ice cream. One word...outstanding! He's a master of his craft and brings his love of food to the high desert of California. I would highly recommend Mon Reve to anyone. Bon Appetit!

• Visited December 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Good service, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

I really liked this quaint restaurant, when I visited a couple of years ago. Upon my arrival, the nice host noticed that I spoke french. After my friend and I were seated, we were surprised to see the owner (?) coming over to talk to me in french. It was a nice gesture of him. The evening was busy and the overall service was okay. I did appreciate the food. It was reasonably priced as well. Good food coming out of the desert was appreciated. I would go again if I had the opportunity.

• Visited March 2012
ridgecrest
“Good find in the desert.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

One of the few places that actually really tries to put out a good product. Not as good as a place which is now closed, but far superior service. Best restaurant in town. Maddy's Cottage, Junior's Tacos, and Bernadinos are the only other places I will go eat in town.

Visited April 2012