“Genuine French Feel”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Genuine French Feel”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We checked Trip Advisor from our hotel and ended up going here for dinner. It was a good choice.

The restaurant owner is French (or at least did a good impression!) and the restaurant had a genuine French feel. It was a Tuesday night but still very busy although we got a table without having to wait.

The food was great. Fresh and tasty. Both of us enjoyed our meals and the portions were not too big (a good thing).

The service was a little slow (it took about an hour for our main course to arrive) and the post dinner coffee was terrible but don't let that put you off! If you are in Ridgecrest then this place is a great place to eat.

Visited April 2013

Wrightwood, California
“Delicious!!”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

My husband and I went here with our daughter...it was excellent!! We both had the French onion soup, salade prosciutto, and Creme brûlée...all were delicious. The interior is charming with French inspired murals and the server was friendly and efficient. The chef also came out several times to greet customers. What a wonderful little restaurant...we never expected to find anything like this in Ridgecrest, we will definitely be back!

• Visited April 2013
Budapest
“Would not go back”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I would not eat here again. Food took a long time and was not great. The salmon we ordered was tough and very over cooked. Stroganoff sauce was nice but the beef was tough . Nice place for ridgecrest but that's not saying much. Just my experience, nothing more.

• Visited April 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A stunning find in Ridgecrest”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Born and raised here and moved away in the 80s. I live in a city of 5 million, and Mon Reve matches or tops the best of French dining in it.

A wonderful, wonderful experience and a gem in the IWV.

bigredusmc
“Simply the best...”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

In our small town, this is THE best restaurant in town. My first experience was during a corporate holiday meal. Mon Reve is French for "My Dream". The chef (yes, he's French) is a very warm and inviting gentleman who takes pride in his work and you can taste it. I recommend you plan far in advance as the reservations accumulate quickly. The environment is akin to a Tuscan villa with the paint and art, but very relaxing and romantic. I ordered the filet mignon with the ratatouille with an actual German beer (score!). The dish was cooked to perfection. Tons of flavor and the perfect portion size. Once I cleaned my plate, dessert was offered and while many of my colleagues opted for an espresso, I couldn't resist the temptation of the chef's Apple Tart with ice cream. One word...outstanding! He's a master of his craft and brings his love of food to the high desert of California. I would highly recommend Mon Reve to anyone. Bon Appetit!

• Visited December 2012