“Move Fun”

Van Buren Drive-In Theatre
Ranked #9 of 53 things to do in Riverside
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Has that great outdoors feel I grew up with. My children love it. Going there again tonight. We like to set up the chairs with the blankets and just watch the movie(s) under the stars.

1  Thank James Mark G
"cars"
in 4 reviews
"venue"

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My hubby and I wanted to take our son to his first drive-in movie. Neither of us had been to one since we were kids ourselves. The drive-in seemed just like we remember them being. However we were surprised to learn they only accept cash. We had to leave, go to the grocery store to use the ATM and then wait in line again. Once we were settled everything was fine....sound and picture were just as they should be.

We got upset at the people who were standing outside their cars smoking. They were blocking our view and were really inconsiderate. I'm not a confrontational person so I just had to wait in frustration until they got back in their car. There also seemed to be people constantly walking back and forth past our car on their way to/from the snack bar. That got real annoying.

We left there thinking that we had at least experienced it again as adults and got to show our son what a drive-in theater was like, but we most likely will not go back. It's not because of any problems with the theater itself. It's just we really didn't like all the people wandering around.

1  Thank carissa125
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Neither me or my wife (we're old, 70, 71)haden't been to the drive-in theatre in Lord who knows how long - like the 60's. We got this hair-brained idea to try the Van Buren Drive-in. I thought about sneaking some friends in the trunk like we used to do but dropped the idea due to lack of interest. lol
We brought our own 'goodies' so did not visit the snack bar. Was a neat experience but not as cool as when we were kids. Think we'll leave it to the younger crowd.

1  Thank HubieB
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Loved taking my girls here to experience a drive in theater. The price is right and we stayed and watched the first movie again. Loved being outside. Only complaint is they definately need more bathrooms. The line between movies was too long.

1  Thank Sherry H