“BAD, BAD, BAD!”

The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We arrived at regular check in time even though we had reservations with early check in status. Our room was not ready so they put us in a room that was not what we reserved. We reserved a jr suite with a seperate bedroom with a door. We were then given the correct room but the air conditioner was not working and the repairman said he was not done fixing it yet and was wondering why it was leased. Then off to the presidential suite. We wanted a suite with a seperate bedroom and the presidetial suit was not it. Finally the correct room, right next to and below all of the all night partiers, pool pump and a busy street with all the sirens. Need I say more. It is now a 2 star hotel. Go somewhere else. We went home and cancelled the second night. No offers to make things right.

Room Tip: There are less expensive hotels with a pool and you will probably have a better experience and not f...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank RiversideMint

Reviewed 15 July 2011

Writing this review from my hotel room at the Mission Inn. I use to stay here 4 nights every year for business for the last 14 years. This year, I came in early, I took the room that was ready (#140) and this is clearly the smallest room on the hotel floor plan, and plus, the room is on the first floor just above the mexiacan restaurant and its loud music. I went down to the reception to try to change and no way ... I'm stuck for 5 days in this mini room and no matter how long is my stay (5 days), no matter my customer loyalty, the receptionist did not offer anything else than a paid upgrade with a large smile. very disapointing.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank TheWorldInMyHands
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We stayed at the Mission Inn for a family wedding. The service was appalling, food was horrendously terrible and slow and the attitude of the staff indifferent. I would not recommend anyone to stay there? There have to be better places in Riverside. Service at the wedding dinner was rudimentary at best and the food, reheated Mexican, was undigestible! Wasted money.....

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank JymF
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We live in the heart of LA. We have a 10 and 4 year old.. We decided to spend some time with our 10 year old before we dropped her at camp for two weeks in Lake Arrowhead. First off the staff was very warm and accommodating- we really felt that we were taken care of from the moment we valeted the car. The kids felt like they were in a real castle especially with brides everywhere "princesses". It is all very romantic and the weddings really made the hotel feel spirited. The children enjoyed the architecture as well and there were many great teaching moments whilst discovering all the winding staircases and hidden courtyards and tiny "troll" sized doors. (We went looking for trolls everyday with our 4 year old). The hotel is as beautiful and well kept as it looks on the internet. Very impressive architecture. We felt as though we were back in Europe- truly we were amazed at the detail, craftsmanship and upkeep. (never seen anything like it in America- did not know such a place could exist here) We dined in all the restaurants and the food was surprisingly good. (the bread sticks were ho-hum /brown and serve in the Italian place and the fish tacos in the Mexican restaurant tasted a bit like dirt, but everything else was amazing! The Ambiance in the restaurants was fabulous.. really. The Sunday brunch was out of this world and stunningly beautiful. The kids ate free on the brunch- the bill was around $100. I thought the prices are very fair considering the quality of food and beautiful surroundings. The area surrounding the hotel was great as well and we felt very comfortable walking around. Another fun thing for the kids was Casey's cupcakes located in the hotel. The kids loved it and it was such a treat. The staff was very impressive as well.. we had a shaving kit sent from the front desk and the person that delivered it did not want to accept a tip!! I thought the staff was genuinely kind. The suite was gorgeous, crisp white linens... all the comforts that we are accustomed to at home. We were happily surprised and it was well worth the trip. My daughter and I got up early in the morning and watched the sunrise over the mountains from a patio on the top floor- stunning. Too much to write about.. don't hesitate to pick this hotel. It's hard to imagine a privately owned hotel could be so well run.. on par with a Ritz or Waldorf Astoria, but at such a reasonable price. Check it out!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2011

The restaurants are great but the hotel so so considering the prices. We stayed here on our honeymoon night before the trip and it was nice but lacked the WOW factor. There were few extras, we could not find the roomsince everything upstairs is like a maze and room numbers are not clear. They were in a hurry to get us out the next morning, and the ammenties seem old as well as the products seem basic. Bring your own luxery soaps and shampoo. You would expect more from a place that prides itself on being one of the best in Riverside County. The historic feel and decor downstairs nice, although they could certainly do more upstairs. We would come back for brunch or a good room special, until prices drop the value is not worth it in my opinion.

Room Tip: The most expensive room prob best???
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank councilady
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I've traveled around the world and have stayed in the best and the worst. I booked a Glenwood room. I arrived early and was allowed to check in early. The initial room wasn't what I understood that ihad booked. I called down to the desk an d was quickly transferred to a 3rd story room overlooking the Spanish patio in an older section. While some people may consider older sections less than appealing, I found the room charming and the patio over looking the Spanish patio a simply stunning place to sit, The hotel is a masterpiece with beautiful sights everywhere. The resturant on the Spanish patio was excellent. I had dinner tyhere and met a frined for the amazing brunch.I simply cannot say enough about this place. I felt like I was in another country and on an incredible vacation. My only regret was that I could only stay one night. The 4 hour drive is wirth it and I'm retuning with my daughter this month to show her my special place. The Mission Inn is a one of a kind place.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 June 2011

We stayed at The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa because it came highly recommended from friends and family. We were highly disappointed...upon check-in we were sent to the wrong room with the wrong keys, then sent to room 303. We quickly dropped off our things and left to a wedding reception. We returned after midnight and when trying to sleep we heard a "beep-boop" noise from outside...it was the sound from the streetlights/crosswalk on the street below. It was so loud and so annoying. We called the front desk to let them know how loud it was and they solved it by brining us EARPLUGS. The next morning when we checked out and complained the manager gave us her card and told us that the next time we stay she will upgrade us to the best available room. Yeah right, as if we'd ever stay there again!! Beware of the crosswalk sounds in room 303!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple