This is my second visit here and everytime I visit, I find it very difficult to leave. I keep adding a day and then one more. I have just extended my stay til Friday and i must be home at least to give my husband one day of face time or he might divorce me.
To make a long story short...this is THE place where you pull your car into the valet driveway, the bellman comes with his rack and quickly loads it up, gets your room number and you just turn your brain switch off. VACATION MODE IS AUTO SET. Hardest decision from here is what to do first - Eat,, have some refreshment. Lounge somewhere in the hotel...or do absolutely nothing or hit the whirlpool spa or go for a swim. From here on til you leave the world is yours. . You never have to get in your car till its checkout time.
They don't have MacDonald's but they have many diverse dining options from reasonable to prime. My advice is to not miss any of them. The MISSION INN makes sure that every dining option excels. Today I'm thinking i am going t,o try Las Campanas. My room and patio area are directly above it & it smells wonderful. For some reason its the only option I haven't enjoyed at least once. A don't miss is the lounge area titled 54. They have a nice little cheese fruit and flatbed snack at happy hour + small plates and appetizers. Bonus...would rather eat in DUANES PRIME but if your attire is not' bus casual you can catch some of the delicious food from DUANES.
The INN has so much history it is an adventure just to walk up and down stairs and snoop in every available nook and cranny.
This is truly a destination and a place to land for a day or two..or three etc. .
It is to me next to impossible to review because i don't have the time to hit every highlight & you don't have the time to spend reading them. Just come & enjoy it. It is not only a luxury hotel without an attitude, but it is very kiB friendly:.they will LOVE IT!!!
Sorry I had to rate it 4 for value...but it CAN be a little pricey. I h
Highly recommend getting on the mailing list & let them send you specials and keep you up with the goings on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This castle-like hotel is next door to the Main Street Pedestrian Mall and a half-mile from the Riverside Convention Center. This historic hotel occupies a city block in downtown Riverside. Guests have included presidents and Pulitzer Prize winners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mission Hotel Riverside
- Mission Hotel Riverside
- Mission Resort Riverside
- Inn Mission Riverside Ca
- Mission Inn Hotel Riverside