“BE TREATED LIKE "THE VIP'”

The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This is my second visit here and everytime I visit, I find it very difficult to leave. I keep adding a day and then one more. I have just extended my stay til Friday and i must be home at least to give my husband one day of face time or he might divorce me.
To make a long story short...this is THE place where you pull your car into the valet driveway, the bellman comes with his rack and quickly loads it up, gets your room number and you just turn your brain switch off. VACATION MODE IS AUTO SET. Hardest decision from here is what to do first - Eat,, have some refreshment. Lounge somewhere in the hotel...or do absolutely nothing or hit the whirlpool spa or go for a swim. From here on til you leave the world is yours. . You never have to get in your car till its checkout time.
They don't have MacDonald's but they have many diverse dining options from reasonable to prime. My advice is to not miss any of them. The MISSION INN makes sure that every dining option excels. Today I'm thinking i am going t,o try Las Campanas. My room and patio area are directly above it & it smells wonderful. For some reason its the only option I haven't enjoyed at least once. A don't miss is the lounge area titled 54. They have a nice little cheese fruit and flatbed snack at happy hour + small plates and appetizers. Bonus...would rather eat in DUANES PRIME but if your attire is not' bus casual you can catch some of the delicious food from DUANES.
The INN has so much history it is an adventure just to walk up and down stairs and snoop in every available nook and cranny.
This is truly a destination and a place to land for a day or two..or three etc. .
It is to me next to impossible to review because i don't have the time to hit every highlight & you don't have the time to spend reading them. Just come & enjoy it. It is not only a luxury hotel without an attitude, but it is very kiB friendly:.they will LOVE IT!!!
Sorry I had to rate it 4 for value...but it CAN be a little pricey. I h
Highly recommend getting on the mailing list & let them send you specials and keep you up with the goings on.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank ijustknow29
Write a ReviewReviews (1,692)

Reviewed 21 January 2013

my wife and her daughter and myself visited this hotel in Jan 2013 . The Xmas lights were fantastic . we visited the bar earlier in the day and the barman was very friendly and welcoming. he gave me a couple of drinks to sample and also gave my wife and daughter cocktails to sample. in return we taught him how to make a British shanty ie beer and lemonade. he made our day.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2013 via mobile

My wife and I chose to celebrate our 42nd wedding anniversay at the Mission Inn and we were very pleased. The staff was courteous, friendly and efficient. Our room was immaculate and up-to-date. The hotel retains its historical charm but with all the modern amenities to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 17 January 2013

We stayed at the Mission Inn during their "Festival Of Lights" event over the Holidays, and it's a real treat. While you can visit the hotel and enjoy the light show for free, I think you'd get a better experience if you take advantage of their Festival of Lights hotel packages and stay one or two nights. We did the one-night package, where you get free valet parking (very nice!) and a $25 gift card. The room was excellent, and we had a great view of the lights outside. I love the Keurig coffee maker in the room, as well as the large flat-screen TV. You get night bathrobes and nice bath products. The beds were extremely comfortable and we had a wonderful night's sleep. We also had dinner in the Inn and very much enjoyed it. The hotel has some great antiques throughout, and the history is really fascinating. The hotel staff was also excellent. Definitely worth a visit!

Room Tip: Book your Festival of Lights package as soon as they come available, since they can sell out.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2013

We stayed at the Mission Inn Hotel, for 2 nights during christmas holiday.
I could not recommend high enough for travellers to experience staying at this historical hotel.
The hotel itself is tourist object. With millions of christmas lights and decorations, during Festival of Lights. The pictures cannot do justice.

We checked in around 6pm, the hotel is easy to find because it occupied almost 1 block by itself. There is selfparking across the hotel. very confinience. The hotel lobby is very busy with hotel guests and non guests came to view the christmas lights & decoration. it would be better if the hotel management assign certain time for public viewing, so the hotel guests can enjoy more exclusively.

Our room is spacious for 2 Adults and 2 Childrens. The room and bathroom is not too bad, considering the age of the property. The bathroom is stock up with all kinds of toiletteries from their spa range.
In the evening there were christmas market just at the back side of the hotel, where you can strool while enjoying hot drinks.

We got a voucher for free dinner at the Mission Inn Restaurant, which we use for dinner buffet. The food and service was good.
Paid around USD255++ per night, I think the price is not too expensive considering it is high season plus all the complementary vouchers (dinner, cup cakes, parking).

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank blessu2
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I would not stay here if you want to save money, but it is a great place to spoil yourself, dive into history and relax. BEAUTIFUL. The architecture is amazing and good point to travel to Huntington Beach, San Juan Capistrano and a bunch of other places.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Surprised my husband with a quick getaway here (we live 30 minutes away) for his birthday the day after Christmas. I understood the Festival of Lights was going on and it was going to be busy. We started our stay with a 90 min couples massage. O M G ! ! ! What a treat this was!! I will review the spa seperately. After this experience I had high expectations for the rest of our stay! Tried to check in but room wasn't ready yet. (it was around 2pm) Decided to go get some cupcakes and enjoy a glass of champagne (or 3 :) ) at the Presidential Lounge. This was very nice and a great way to have some quiet time for the hubby's birthday. After champagne I was finally able to check in around 4pm. Got up to the room and loved it! It was large and complimented witha mini bar and sitting area. We got a room on the second floor and it wasn't until we went to bed around midnight we realized there was a walkway of some sort directly above our room! The noise was HORRIBLE!!! I wasn't about to complain and ask to switch rooms at this late hour as we were already in bed. Sounded like maids carts and super noisy kids running up and down the hall all night long into the morning hours. Not a restful nights sleep to say the least. All in all, our trip and stay wasn't as impressive as I thought it was going to be. Our dinner at Duane's was forgettable and unimpressive as the hotel. I wanted this night/day to be memorable for my husbands 40th.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room to avoid the noise!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple