My mother and I recently spent 2 weeks driving the California coast from San Francisco to Los Angeles and back. When preparing for this trip I spent many hours on this site reviewing accommodations knowing that tripadvisor never steers me wrong. I can honestly say that the reviewers have once again come through for me - every single hotel/motel/inn I booked was amazing.
A couple of points about The Mission Inn Hotel:
Booking: I booked via telephone; spoke to a very nice staff member and booked a Festival of Lights package. I was able to make a specific room request (again based on tripadvisor reviews) and got a beautiful room, on the 3rd floor, overlooking the Spanish patio.
Check-in/Check out: As expected, the hotel was very busy so we waited approx. ten minutes to check in. Not very long; we were able to enjoy the Christmas decorations while waiting.
Valet Parking: Valet parking was included with our package; the staff was quick and efficient when bringing the car around at departure.
Lobby: Beautifully decorated; lots to see. Crowded because of the Festival of Lights however...
Restaurants: We did not make reservations, we should have, but we did manage to get a seat in the bar. We were given the option to order from menus from 2 different restaurants - The Mission Inn restaurant and Duane's - so we chose pastas from the Mission Inn restaurant. We found them to be delicious and the portions were a good size.
Rooms: Room was incredible! Spacious, clean, decorated nicely. The bathroom was very cool and we had windows that opened to one of the patios (the name is escaping me). The shower pressure was a bit soft for my liking but decent.
Miscellaneous: We booked the tour and we are glad we did. We had a wonderful docent who took us all through the hotel as well as the chapel. The history is amazing. The tours book quickly so I would recommend booking when you make reservations.
The Festival of Lights is definitely something to be seen. From the live reindeer, the carriage rides, the lights, decorations - it was absolutely incredible. Be warned however - it is CROWDED!
Overall, we loved every minute of this place; would recommend to others and would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This castle-like hotel is next door to the Main Street Pedestrian Mall and a half-mile from the Riverside Convention Center. This historic hotel occupies a city block in downtown Riverside. Guests have included presidents and Pulitzer Prize winners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mission Hotel Riverside
- Mission Hotel Riverside
- Mission Resort Riverside
- Inn Mission Riverside Ca
- Mission Inn Hotel Riverside