“Worst 2 nights of myy life”

The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed in room 173, 174, 175. The hotel put us above the ballroom. Noise all night, Kids couldn't sleep and to top it off a huge fight in front off our window. Never will we come back and we left a day early to get a good night's sleep!

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank mafrentals

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I think I'm getting lazy as I get older. Should have written this last month. My husband and I returned to the Mission Inn for our second stay for my husband's birthday. We checked in on Friday night and checked out on Saturday(I love the 12:00 check out time). Although we only stayed one night, this time I booked a deluxe room. It was divine. The room itself was spacious, the bed was comfortable, and the décor was elegant. Both checking in and checking out were easy and the staff was friendly. The grounds are immaculate and it was nice to open the bathroom window on Saturday and listen to the sounds and music of the street vendors in the marketplace We enjoyed our dinner at Duane's but it wasn't as good as our past visits. Our lunch at Bella Trattoria was great. The manager was rude(he initially sat us in the back) but the wait staff was great and was more than accommodating when my husband said he wanted to change tables. The service was phenomenal and we're looking forward to eating there again. Once again, another fabulous stay at the Mission Inn!

Room Tip: Now that I've stayed in a deluxe room, I like the deluxe rooms better.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vacationkrazy
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I and my family went on a spring break getaway with our kids. We stayed at this place . The moment we checked in the staff was friendly and the Rooms are great and restaurants were really great!! the mexican was my favorites and the the cakery which is gourmet cakes and other sweet stuff. This hotel is is palace type of decor and just a charm in itself. We will defintley recommend this place to there and by the way Sean one of the Hotel Staff was awesome!! Thank you Sean for a wonderful stay!! Anita Patel. April 2014!! :)

Room Tip: get a room on the high floors decor is very nice and different
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RADIPAT
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed at the Mission Inn for a couple nights (made a long weekend out of a business trip). The property is incredibly well preserved and fun to explore.

My room was surprisingly large and faced the courtyard with the pool. It was not as noisy as I thought it was going to be, with the restaurant, pool, and valet area right out front. I had no problems sleeping.

The only issue (for business travelers) - the Mission Inn will not give you a zeroed-out invoice unless you specifically ask at check out. A small inconvenience, but worth noting.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank James S
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Aside from the outrageously beautiful architecture, the quite serene ambiance of this hotel has entertained many presidents and world leaders...."very important people". The history of the hotel has turned it into a national landmark. Napoleon and Joseph have greeted them all. Napoleon and Joseph are the macaws that occupy the court of birds. Whenever there, I always go see the birds.
There has been a transformation all around the Mission Inn. With numerous restaurants and shops adjacent to the hotel it provides a walk for many blocks among fountains, statues and peaceful moments.
This would be the place for the big events in one's life; Weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, etc.
There are so many packages available for special events in the spa and hotel. The website is very informative with lots of information on the history of the Mission Inn. You gotta go see it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank lilly172
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel is stunning and the room we had was very nice with a small balcony overlooking the courtyard. The pool and service at the pool was also great!! The dinner we had was quite good. We stayed for two nights and the room was not cleaned?! they forgot?? Also when we ordered room service we put on hold and never responded to? Then when we called back, there was no answer. This was all very unexpected in such a nice hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed here for two days on business and ate dinner there twice. The place is full of history – my favorite part was just wandering around the place in the early morning and late evening and viewing the common areas and the light. The room was large and well appointed – keurig single cup coffee maker, comfortable bed, massive closet, and large tiled bathroom. There was a small balcony overlooking the adjacent pedestrian mall. The windows are thin, so could hear Jazz musician from the mall (I liked it, but did use ear plugs when I went to sleep). The only negative on the room was the bathroom fixtures were dated (cheap plastic builder-grade handles – in an otherwise beautiful room). I did not eat at Duanes (the most expensive restaurant), but did eat at the Mission Inn Restaurant and Las Campanas. The Mission Inn Restaurant was very good. We had a party of eight in the inner courtyard. Service was OK (given the large party) and the food was very good – excellent sea food. I enjoyed Las Campas more. Giant Margaritas, great salsa, good service for a group of nine. The shrimp cerviche, carnitas, and mole sauce were excellent. For breakfast, did not eat at the hotel. We ate at one of the several coffee shops that are within a block of the hotel. If you enjoy walking or running, take Mission Inn Avenue about ¾ of a mile north to Mt Rubidoux park for great views especially sunrise and sunset. If you are staying here, do not miss the tour or just exploring the top floor and common areas - simply amazing.

Room Tip: Every room is different. I did hear at the front desk, two different people request new rooms due...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business