We arrived at the Hotel with the holiday season in full swing. Our room seemed nice enough and we went out to dinner. However, when we returned, there was a hard-driving function next door, which brought the party into our room as well. (There was a shared wall ). When we called the front desk they said the party was booked until midnight. We asked to change our room and we were told there were none to be had. (our thought was why would you book anyone into this room in the first place) Security came to see us and basically told us "too bad". I called down to the desk again to tell them that we were leaving the hotel - it was 10 pm) They found another room for us conveniently but not before chuckling at our ordeal over the phone.
When we finally arrived at our new room (we waited for a wayward bellhop to delivery the keys ) the new room looked like it had been 'partied' in by an employee or two. There was
chewed gum on the counter next to the bed. The bathroom had been used and a belt was
laying about. Someone had made coffee and left a mess and the window was wide open
and the room smelled of smoke. We attempted to call down to the front desk but the telephone was not working. I went down to the desk and was told to wait for a maid
to clean up the mess. This whole debacle took all evening. The next morning we went down for an early breakfast prior to the Hotels Sunday Brunch event. We were seated in the dining room and there we sat waiting and waiting and waiting for someone, anyone to come over and take our order. It would be humorous if this trip wasn't so disappointing. We had been invited by some work colleagues who book a block of rooms every year and we had been really looking forward to enjoying the Inn and spending some time relaxing in our room. Next year we will give it a pass.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This castle-like hotel is next door to the Main Street Pedestrian Mall and a half-mile from the Riverside Convention Center. This historic hotel occupies a city block in downtown Riverside. Guests have included presidents and Pulitzer Prize winners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mission Hotel Riverside
- Mission Hotel Riverside
- Mission Resort Riverside
- Inn Mission Riverside Ca
- Mission Inn Hotel Riverside