“Beautiful and artsy mission building”

Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed 3 March 2011

This is a charming historic mission landmark with well kept gardens, lush greenery, and many pieces of arts: portraits of presidents, chinese porcelains, mission paintings, enhancing the rich textures and interest of the warm mission style building. I was picked up promptly from the Ontario Airport by Seth, a friendly UCR student, in a shuttle for a pleasant 15 minute ride to the Inn. I was checked in promptly by a cheerful hostess and given a large room with a street view. Room came with two complimentary breakfasts. The package was paid for by UC Riverside, so I don't know the costs.

Ate dinner with colleagues at the hotel restaurant: swordfish and coconut rice. It's tender and juicy. Top off perfectly with creme bulee dessert. The second breakfast was a little mixed up, may be because of the early hour. I was given a check inspite of my complimentary coupon and part of my breakfast never came - the fruit smoothie. The restaurant was sparkling and beautifully painted with ivy vines along the arches and clouds on the ceiling.

The hostesses and valet people were very attentive and friendly. A very pleasant and relaxing stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
MIDORD, Manager at The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant and relaxing stay! I will be sure that we recognize Seth for his hospitality as well as the valet and hostess staff. We do hope that you come and stay with us again in the near future.

The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (1,682)

Reviewed 28 February 2011

So I checked in on Friday 2/18/11. The staff at the front desk was lovely. checked in earlier which was a plus. Had a lovely lunch in the mexican restaurant in the hotel.

Later went to the tavern in the hotel. Very nice fun to look at all the pictures. Walked around the hotel . Quite a large amount of things to see.

Decided I liked the hotel quite a bit, so I added an addtional day. Un beknowst to me,there was an AYSO (soccer) taking place somewhere close to the hotel. All of a sudden literally large groups of kids arrived.It was total and complete pandemonium.

The kids ran up and down the hallways and stairs without any sort of parental supervision. The employees acted indifferent to comments from guests about the noise.

We had a reservation at Duanes and decided to enjoy the wine bar. Kids were running about, no parents in sight. We asked one of the bar staff, why children were allowed in the bar.The response was"we can't do anything is the parents want them there" To which I responded, "What parents?" One of the kids had some sort of toy that squeaked
and continued to do so. Would have been nice if security would have done something!

Did enjoy dinner. At about 1:30am we were awakened by 3 individuals having a very loud discussion about a sexual act that they wished to do.

In the morning, we couldn't check out fast enough which was problematic as only two employees working at reception. Took forever as the kids et al were checking out as well.

I sent an email to the hotel's customer relations individual. Someone by the name of "Elie" I have yet to receive a response.

Don't know if I would ever stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pink1055
Reviewed 25 February 2011

I usually can find at least one thing wrong with a hotel when I travel and I couldn't find one thing, not one thing wrong with the Mission Inn, Riverside, CA. From the airport to the Inn and back again nothing but smoothe sailing. The person at the front desk was as courteous as can be as were all of the employees we came in contact with. Check in time was 3:00 but they gave us a room (an upgrade at that) at 11:00. We were settled in and having lunch at the Las Campanas by 11:30. This restaurant has wonderful cuisine. Some might consider it a bit pricey but it is well worth it with the service and ambience. The margaritas were outstanding. Our room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. The peace and quiet at night can't be beat. The views of the patio and rest of the Inn were spectacular. I recommend this Inn and will definitely go back when time and funds allow.

• Stayed: February 2011
MIDORD, Manager at The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2011

Thank you so much for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear that you found the staff to be friendly, your room clean and spacious and your dining experience good. We do hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.

SIncerely,

The Mission Inn Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 24 February 2011

If your not from the area, this hotel is very easy to find: it truly is a landmark easily found when coming into town. Just to be clear, this is not an actual mission, but an old hotel that looks like a mission. It's rich with historical character and a fun place to get lost inside. Maze like stairways wind in turrets and each floor holds some new discovery of antique furniture or awesome views.

The service is very good at the front desk. Breakfast in the Mission Inn Restaurant is pretty forgettable. There is wireless in the lobby, but if your room is close enough, you can still get it in your room. Parking is $5 a night and across the street.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you had a great experience at The Mission Inn Hotel & Spa. We appreciate you sharing your feedback and we hope to have you as our guest again in the future!

The Mission Inn Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 21 February 2011

We stepped off the plane, walked out to our waiting complimentary limosine from Ontario Airport and arrived at the hotel 20 minutes later. Our Glenwood double queen room was upgraded to a junior suite without our requesting it. The rooms were elegantly appointed with crisp, white bed linens, pillow shams and duvets and comfortable furniture and a flat screen t.v. in each room (I only wished they had had HD but we weren't there to watch t.v.). Everything was spotless. The bath was sparkling clean. The view over the Spanish Courtyard was magnificent. We had lunch at Las Campanas on the patio beside the fire, under a gas patio heater. We were very comfortable, the food was good and was reasonably priced considering the atmospere. I also got a complimntary upgrade on my giant Margarita. We had dinner at the Mission Inn Restaurant - I had the Coq Au Vin which was very good. It was expensive but again, wonderful atmosphere. We had a room service breakfast which was excellent but way more food than we could eat. I can recommend Casey's Cupcakes....The service was great from the beginning of our stay to the end. In short, we enjoyed our stay. ♥

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
MIDORD, Manager at The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor! We are happy to hear that you had a memorable experience at The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa and we hope to have you as our guest again in the near future!

Director of Rooms Division

Reviewed 13 February 2011

My fiance and I stayed here a couple years ago and loved it. We recently are engaged and had planned to put a deposit down for our wedding next month. Friday night we had a function to attend to at the Mission Inn so we decided to stay that night. It was a nice room (248) but you can here everybody walking by, laughing etc. We were fine with it because we knew we would not be back in the room till around midnight. As for the bed, it should have been a king but it was a queen. No biggie. The next morning we had another function to go to so we were in a hurry to get ready to leave. I took a shower and was getting ready and then my fiance took one. I walked in to say something to him as he screams What the F***, because a cockroach was in the towel and crawled on him. Of course I was disgusted and we rushed to get dressed and check out. While checking out, of course this is the first time we were not asked how our stay was. I waited to see if she would ask and when she handed our receipts and said goodbye, I informed her of this matter. All she said was "Oh, I'm so sorry about that" and that was it. Like its not the first time she heard that. No let me get a manager or reassure me they fumigate, we will look into it nothing. I was shocked, especially with her being a woman and we don't like bugs. Now I told my fiance besides the roach matter, how she handled it, I can't see spending $40,000.00 dollars on my wedding there now. I am disappointed because we live in Riverside and felt it would be a great place to have it. Maybe it was a sign but other reviews had the same bug problem within the last couple of months. Where there is one there is more and there are a few restaurants on the property which now make me wonder.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sunny1980_11
MIDORD, Manager at The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2011

Dear Guest,

I will be sure that your concerns are addressed as we take our guest feedback very serious. I will be in touch with you via email.

Director of Rooms Division
Direct (951) 341-6744
ecarbajal@missioninn.com

Reviewed 11 February 2011

If you just want a cheap place to stay overnight, skip this place. The prices are higher here, but there is a lot to the place. It was built over a long time, so everything is not always easy to find, but you can spend hours just walking around the hotel looking for quirky art work, interesting views, weird architecture, and much more. Go to the balconies overloking the courtyard restaurant and just look around - you will see hidden balconies, gargoyles, stained glass windows, etc. Also look for the atrium open air stairway at the back of the hotel, and try to find how to get there, a real challenge.

Great restaurants in and around the hotel.
Great pool as well.

If you have time, take the tour, we didn`t have time, but heard comments from those who did - well worth the time.

The rooms are not large, and are quite old, but all have the charm and elegance of a classy hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple