“This review is for Asahi in Corona”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Asahi Sushi

Asahi Sushi
Ranked #30 of 701 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“This review is for Asahi in Corona”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

The original Asahi began in Riverside on Van Buren until about a year ago. Since it's been sold, I haven't been there. I followed the owner to his new store in Corona off McKinley. So I can't review Asahi in Riverside but I can however review Asahi in Corona. It's as great if not better than it has been in several years since Asahi was first opened. The owners are genuinely grateful for your business. They recognize you and treat you like VIP. Oh, and the Sushi.... Out of this world. I was there yesterday for Friday lunch and it was packed barely got seats at the counter. There were 9 sushi chefs and they were all busy!!! The menu offers sushi and rolls you have to pay extra for at other sushi places. There is little to no rice!!!! The fish is fresh and delicious. If you have never been, you have to go!! You will be repeat customers. Please be aware of their hours since I believe they close in between the lunch rush and before dinner. Congrats on your success, Asahi Corona.

• Visited November 2012

Banning, California
“Incredible Value and Quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

An "all you can eat" sushi place in a strip mall in the middle of Riverside? When I first heard of this I thought "how could this possibly be good?" I was dead wrong. The sushi is excellent and the service outstanding. We must have eaten $70-$80 worth of sushi for only $42 ($21 pp, ) the service was excellent. I accidently knocked over my water glass and before I could even pick it back up, 2 people were there to clean my mess and get us straightened out. Drink glasses never went empty, we never had to flag a waitress to reorder. Yes, the place is crowded (not surprising, considering quality and price) and the tables are close together because it is a small storefront restaurant. But it is well worth it. Go during the week (Mon-Thurs.) to get the green tea ice cream for dessert.

• Visited October 2012
Riverside, California
“Great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

The sushi is always fresh and delicious. My only complaint is that it is very crowded and the tables are close together. There is almost always a wait, but it is worth it.

• Visited June 2012
“All you can eat sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012 via mobile

I think the food is fresh and it s a good deal.
With great taste , been back a couple of times. Before 3pm it s still lunch hour , for all you can eat sushi and rolls, it s 19.99 per person , it will be more expensive for dinner time , I think it s 23.99 . Any drinks besides water will be charged extra. Overall it a a good place for sushi !

Riverside California
“I have read about this place many times....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

I have read about this place many times with people saying that it the best sushi in riverside. I do not agree, to me it was average at best. All of the fish was pre-cut so the sushi chefs could create orders faster. Since the fish was pre-cut it seemed to be dried out and not as flavorful when the chef cuts as he creates. The waitress seemed to get upset when I asked if they had Hite Beer, her response "we only serve Japaneese beers here" in a snotty tone.I did not have the heart to tell her that I would rather have a Korean Beer any day... lol I am glad I stopped to try out but I will stay faithful to my other Riverside Sushi choice.

• Visited August 2012