“disappointed”

Hampton Inn & Suites Riverside/Corona East
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed 31 December 2012

This was our 3rd stay at this property, and probably our last. This hotel is just 3 years old. The exterior appears new and well kept. The interior seriously needs help. The carpets in the lobby, hallways, and our particular suite all needed vacuuming and steam-cleaning. The breakfast area furniture is filthy. We immediately noticed the furnishings in our suite looked "tired". Yes, it was clean, other than the stained carpet. Everything worked. And, you'd better LOVE dogs. Many dogs. The 50 pound pet policy is not enforced. We observed LARGE, barking dogs in our hallway and in the lobby. The front desk could not have missed this one. It would be very nice if the hotel had designated pet areas. I am asthmatic and seriously prefer not to have to live with someone else's pet. I also believe this contributes to the dirty carpets throughout. It is unfortunate that the owner/management have let this property get to this point. We will be seeking other accomodations.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank NVgal89423
RALRW, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Riverside/Corona East, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

Hello NVgal89423,

I want to thank you for taking time to write about your stay with us, your time and opinion matter and are greatly appreciated. As the General Manager it is my responsibility to assure our guests are satisfied with their stay while in town with us. I do apologize for the challenges you occurred and thank you for your loyalty as a Silver Hhonors member. I would be extremely grateful if you could contact me to further discuss your stay as we strive to better our hotel and staff any way we could.

Hampton Inn & Suites-Riverside/Corona East
951-352-5020

Reviewed 8 December 2012

Five siblings and our spouses stayed here when attending our mother's funeral. We all arrived from various parts of the country. This hotel graciously allowed us to gather together in the hospitality area with family and friends after the funeral.

Special kudos to front desk staff: Cassandra on 12/5 and Monica on 12/6. Mara Santos of Housekeeping quietly and efficiently cleaned up the area we occupied.

I believe our family would readily recommend this hotel.

There is a wonderful seating area by the pool with a gas fireplace.

Room Tip: We stayed in a king suite in the north end of floor 3. It was quiet and very pleasant.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Amy G, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Riverside/Corona East, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

We are pleased to hear that you had an excellent experience at our hotel during your recent stay. Cassandra, Monica and Mara are great assets to our hotel and truly see our customers needs as a priority. I have spoken with each of them and have recognized them for their part in yet another satisfied customer. Their hard work does not go unnoticed! Thank you for taking the time to write this review during this difficult time. We are sorry for your loss, and hope to be able to serve you and your family again the next time you are in Riverside.

Reviewed 6 December 2012

I stayed in the Hampton Inn and Suites for 101 days and during that time for my job everyone there made my stay absolutely wonderful. The staff was very attentive and we had some good laughs. Also located in a nice little eatery area and close to a lot of things to do, which on the weekends definitely made it a great place to stay. Give he chance I'll stay there gain if I'm back down there for another project.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2012

I have always loved Hampton hotels, they have always been very clean and never had a problem at any of the ones I have stayed at. I was coming into town to around Thanksgiving, just to get away from well other things going on. This place was so quiet and peaceful and I loved it. I ended up staying for about a week and a half, when I only planned on a week. I had no problems well one but that was kind of my fault and cause of hotel policy cause a little more stress then I really wanted to deal with, won't go into detail but after being there a week and spending over $600 and booking through the actual hotel and not a 3rd party site you'd think they could of been a little more flexable. But all in all the stay was great most the staff was friendly, one girl who worked the desk was a little stand off-ish I would totally stay here again, If it wasn't for the little mishap I would of given them a 4star and if it was in a little better of a location (its more of a business area than a area with stores and shopping) it would have gotten a 5.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 November 2012

great hotel. Located in a safe area. I walked every evening. Several good restaurants within walking distance (in hotel/shopping area complex) My favorite was the middle eastern grill. Breakfast at any Hampton Inn is not great but the comfy beds make up for it. I loved the location because it was only one stoplight away from where I was working that week. There are several little parks in the area including a dog park

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank foxjoy
RALRW, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Riverside/Corona East, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2012

Hello Foxjoy,

I appreciate the time you took to write about our hotel and it is really great to know you had such a great time at our hotel! I do agree with you the Green Olive is a great place to eat and many customers have found out just like you. Once again thank you and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 19 November 2012

I'd say this is your average Hampton Inn with the typical breakfast offering. The gym wasn't set up too well and the elliptical that I worked out on could have used some mechanical maintenance.
The hotel is in a little shopping center with a great sushi place right next door, as well as a good Middle Eastern grill, sandwich shop, burger place, and other eatery options. $45 cab ride from the Ontario Airport or $39 on the Super Shuttle. Across the street there is a long meandering walking/jogging path along a stream.

Room Tip: Elevator bell is louder than usual so ask for a room far from the elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Monika M

Hello Monika,

Thank you so much for writing a Tripadvisor review pertaining to our hotel. I do agree that Big Tuna next door has great sushi! As the General Manager one of my responsibilities is to assure our customers have a great stay every time and I am very grateful for your comments about our elliptical as our Chief Engineer has worked on it. If you have any future hotel needs please feel free to contact me

Reviewed 18 November 2012 via mobile

We had stayed one night for a tournament & the availability, rate, room were great.
The few things that the hotel should work on is the pullout bed (my poor 75 yr old father couldnt get a decent night's rest on the very uncomfortable mattress), the complimentary breakfast (cold burnt eggs at 6:45am & fruit looked as if it was saved from the day before), the thin walls/ceilings to hear EVERYTHING in the halls & up the floor above (kids running back & forth after 10pm), and the ice machines. I went to all 4 floors to find ice - the only ice machine that had ice was the 4th floor.
Needless to say, I will not be staying at this location again.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank SCook333

Hello Scook333,

I am grateful you have taken time to review our hotel. I do apologize for any challenges that occurred during your stay. Being the General Manager we are constantly looking to improve our staff and hotel and would love to hear more in detail pertaining to your stay. If you would be so kind to contact me.

Jerry.Guzman@hilton.com