My young daughter and I just returned from a stay at this hotel. We knew they had just opened and expected a few kinks, but we had a great three night stay.
We liked the decor and my daughter especially enjoyed the pictures in the elevator of landmarks that Hampton Inn is restoring. Also, there is a unique black and white photo beside each room number in the hallway - if you forget your number, you will remember that you are staying in the airplane room!
The room was a typical layout and very comfortable. We loved the pillows and the bedding, although the white duvet made me nervous when my daughter snacked or colored. There was an automatic nightlight in the bathroom, which was a nice touch.
The breakfast was awesome and included hot food each morning. Debra, the hostess, was very nice, friendly, and accommodating. There was plenty of room for guests to eat, something that other hotels sometimes lack. Besides tables, there was a large bar-height conference table in the center with upholstered bar stools and plug-ins for laptops.
Joel at the front desk directed us to a beautiful walking path across the street. We enjoyed a nice walk each day along the 'river'. There is a small park, ducks and fish to feed, and we even saw some turtles.
Because the hotel is new, it didn't show up on our cab's GPS and unfortunately we had a driver who does not use street signs anymore. The best landmark is the Carl's Jr. that is at the corner of Riverwalk and Flat Rock. If you turn there, you run straight into the hotel. It is really at the end of Flat Rock.
We had a great pizza at the nearby First Class Pizza and saved the crust for the ducks. There several other restaurants in the same shopping center that are convenient and we plan to try them the next time we visit. There is a good variety of choices.
The only negative was something I will chalk up to their newness, and the staff was extremely accommodating to the issue. The pool did not stay clean overnight, so we had to request that it be cleaned if we wanted to swim in the morning. They said they were going to adjust the cleaning schedule so this would not be a problem in the future. Also, a tree was planted close to the hot tub, so even after it was cleaned it would fill back up with leaves. I was using the net to remove some (a little hot tub is not a big job) and they immediately sent an employee out to do it for me. He was so nice, and said to call them if it needed to be done again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Southern California, yet far from the hustle and bustle of the big city, sits the Hampton Inn & Suites® Riverside/Corona East hotel. Boasting a location near the cities of Corona and Moreno Valley, our Riverside hotel is just 21 miles from Ontario International Airport and 60 miles from Los Angeles International Airport, Universal Studios Hollywood and all the top attractions that L.A. is famous for. A mere 30 mile drive takes you to Knott's Berry Farm®, as well as the house "The Mouse" built…Disneyland®! But you don't have to venture too far from our Corona hotel in Riverside to find plenty of adventure. Pick up something fabulous at the prestigious Galleria at Tyler. Rejuvenate at Glen Ivy Hot Springs Spa. Cast a line at the Corona Lake Fishing Area. Hit the links at Oak Quarry, Goose Creek, Hidden Valley or Eagle Glen golf clubs. If you're here on business, you'll find there's plenty nearby. Our Riverside, CA hotel is located just a mile from Kaiser Permanente, Geo Tek, La Sierra University and more. Plan your getaway to this tranquil respite in Southern California. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Riverside/Corona East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites - Riverside / Corona East
- Hampton Inn & Suites - Riverside / Corona East Hotel Riverside