“GReat Thai Food”

Good for: Child-friendly
Riverside, California
“GReat Thai Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

Family owned Best Thai food in Riverside. The place is OK, Service is good, but I believe, Food is awesome.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank ericucho n

Colorado Springs
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“REAL THAI FOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

What a wonderful experience! I am a real critic of Thai food having been exposed to it through a close friend from Thailand almost 30 years ago. My friend always stressed "authentic" and we visited many Thai restaurants over the years. I truly came to appreciate the wonderful nuances of Thai cuisine and learned to distinguish between authentic and the wannabes. I eat there every time I'm in CA. I just can't get enough!

Bann Thai is truly authentic. Owner, Sam Arch, (his American name), greets you warmly as you walk in. The atmosphere is truly comfortable and inviting. Ask Sam to tell one of his favorite jokes and he usually comes back with several. He and his staff are always happy to recommend something depending on your tastes. The food can be as mild or spicy as you want, just let your waitress know. If you like it super spicy, ask for a "Sam's 10". My favorites are the Pad See Ewe, Spaghetti Kee Mao, Chicken Noodles, Chicken Satay, Pineapple Fried Rice, Gra Pow, Pad Kee Mao, oh, heck, I love just about everything on the menu and, yes, I've eaten everything on the menu over the last few years. Simply put, this is a wonderful, comfortable, dining experience, and I seem to see the same faces there each time I return. Folks just really enjoy it!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Steve S
CA
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

While a small facility, a converted house, Sam and Emma (the owners) have created an warm, friendly atmosphere. The staff is wonderful, attentative, and friendly. We have never had a problem. As the sign says over the counter, "enter a stranger, leave a friend." Prices right for the portions. First time I went I thought I'd leave hungry but was very surprised at how filling it was. Sam spends time with his customers when the time is right. He gets to know you and can be quite a comedian. We have tried other Thai restaurants but always go back to Sam and Bann Thai.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank ktelib
Bakersfield, California
“Never Disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

I've eaten here several times and have necer received anything but excellence in food flavor, service, atmosphere, or anything else. Sam, the owner, and his wife are perfect hosts and strive to make every guest feel like family before they leave. Your food will be prepared to the level of spiciness you desire. My favorite is Gra Pow, but, like I said, everything is excellent. If you've never eaten Thai food, as I hadn't, Sam will guide you to something on the menu which you are sure to love.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Ron P
Riverside California
“MMMm dont miss it......”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2011

The restaurant was a small converted house on a busy street. If you blinked you will miss it but to miss this establishment would be a great loss because the food was incredible. The Tom Yum was some of the best we have ever had flavorful sour with some spicy kick. The Pad Thai was average and the curries were great. I have ate at many Thai Restaurants and this is now among my favorites......

• Visited October 2011