“Boo”

Dining options: Reservations
Riverside, California
“Boo”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This restaurant has the worst service. We asked for the check repeatedly, almost walked out without paying but would have felt bad so I went in search of our server. 20 minutes later I found the server and asked for the check, this was after 30 minutes of asking in the first place. We had somewhere else to be and the 50 minute wait time made us late for our other event. The food is mediocre at best and overpriced for the entire experience. I would not eat here again based on this experience.

• Visited October 2012

Riverside, California
“Great food”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Small plates as well as big are available. I love the pesto chicken open faced sandwich. another lunch favorite is the spinach papaya strawberry salad. Love this restaurant.

Visited July 2013
Corona, California, United States
“It was just okay”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

To be honest, I thought by the name of the place was a fancy Vietnamese restaurant...you know Pho.... but it wasn't. The prime location of this restaurant gives the illusion that everyone that is anyone needs to go here. The decor is clean crisp, mid century. The bakery case is full of delightful creations. I don't tend to eat dessert so I don't know if their taste matches how they look.

I tend to order from the smaller portion section of the menu. They are $8 each or 3/$20. The larger meals are priced around $20.

I've been there twice now. I was not impressed the first time but was willing to go a second time and am still not impressed. The first visit, I was with three other friends, we all decided to get the 3 smaller dishes and share. How great is that! Able to try all of their items at once. There was a huge logistic problem...our table was much too small with all the different shaped plates. The waitress would precariously lay dishes upon dishes. All I could think is...someone didn't think this through. I was so concerned about dishes falling, that I certainly didn't remember the food. In fact, all the commotion on the table ended with knocked over water glass, dripping into my lap.

So I decided to give it another try. I went with another group of friends. This time, we had the private party room. There was no one in the restaurant. I was a little late in arriving, most everyone was done eating. The tables were arranged to have two very large surface area, kinda like conference room tables. I ordered the chicken wings with peanut sauce, which was absolutely wonderful. I should have passed on the caramel apple martini. There was a delicious looking Dreamsicle Martini that might have been a better choice. Because I came late, I was rather forgotten. No water, no silverware, had to ask for it a couple of time. I wish they would give towlettes with the chicken wings.

• Visited May 2013
Leonardtown, Maryland
“Phoolish to Eat There”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

My wife and I stopped in for dinner since we were staying at a nearby hotel. My wife ordered pot roast. The large pieces of meat plus potatoes and vegetables came submerged in liquid and were served in a high bowl. Two problems: First, The meat needed to be cut, but it was impossible to do so because of the shape of the bowl. Second, the whole thing was so salty that it was inedible. At the same time, my order of tacos was bland with room temperature chicken and warm vegetables.

This is the first Terrible rating that I have given to any hotel or restaurant. Believe me, this place earned it.

• Visited April 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Phooey on Main Street”
Reviewed 23 December 2012

We were visiting town for the Festival of Lights and a local recommended this place. Start by saying the decor looked like they hit a yard sale with the center piece being two outdated old couches jammed up against what was the former front doors.
Our server had serious ADD. She highly recommended the beef stew which we both ordered. After waiting way too long two bowls arrived filled with an unsually watery broth. The broth was so salty it was inedible. It tasted like pure bouillon. The portion was quite small as well which in this case was more than enough. My wine followed when I was half done eating despite my reminding the waitress I had ordered it when she delivered our meals. She never returned to check on our meals. When she came to pick up the plates I asked her if she ever ate the stew and she said no but people say they like it and just ran off. When she came for the bill she took it off the table and diverting her eyes went running off.
Probably the worst dining experience of the year!

1 Thank Stavrosma