“A Great Stay At Dynasty Suites”

Dynasty Suites Hotel
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed 8 June 2008

I was in Riverside visiting my parents and this hotel was recommended by a coworker. The check-in/check-out process was very easy and the staff was exceptional. They went out of their way to print up directions and just all around made me feel at home. I felt very safe and they even have their own security that patrols the parking lot. The rooms were just remodeled and the beds were AMAZING. For the price of this hotel I was blown away by all the extra amenities they provide. The owner was there on my last day and he came out to talk to me and a few other guests for awhile during breakfast. The other guest knew him well and I started to notice that most of the guests were all repeats, not surprising. I felt at home and my parents were even treated warmly. I have stayed at the Comfort Inn and also the Marriott and neither compare to Dynasty Suites in value, service, and cleanliness. I will definitely come again and again whenever in the area.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Taveler88

Reviewed 12 November 2007

I was in Riverside for a conference and stayed at the Dynasty Suites for three weeknights. I was looking for a budget friendly place (less than $100/night) that was nonetheless clean, safe, and convienient. Dynasty Suites provided just that and even a little extra.
My room was a good size, with a comfy king sized bed and small sofa. The room had a Victorianesque feel to it with crown moulding, maroon wallpaper, and cherry-stained wood furniture with granite tops. There were three faux plants and a couple of paintings to top it off. Nothing high style but a step up from laminate furniture I usually see in budget hotels. I was happy with all the little extra conviences that I wouldn't normally expect from a hotel in this price range: coffee maker, hair dryer, iron with ironing board, fridge, microwave, DVD player, 2 free bottles of water each night, and a basket of toiletries (sewing kit, toothbrush, razor in addition to the usual soaps). The shower was nice and hot with high pressure and the curved curtain rod made it seem a little more spacious.
The neighborhood was busy (lots of resturants and shopping within walking distance), but felt fairly safe, which was important to me as a woman traveling alone. A collegue stayed at the Days Inn in town and felt very unsafe and was approached by a man in the parking lot of her hotel, so this is an area where it is wise to be concerned about hotel security and the neighborhood. On one of the 3 nights I stayed, I heard a lot of noise from the parking lot and street, even though my windows were shut. Since all the rooms are exterior entry and facing the parking lot, this wasn't too unexpected, but something to watch out for if you are a very light sleeper.
It was nice to have lots of dining options within walking distance...I had a nice dinner at the Cask and Cleaver Steak House which was a 5 minute walk from my room. There was also an IHOP, Coco's Starbucks, and Shakey's pizza very closeby.
The hotel breakfast was typical continental style and cookies and cocoa/ coffee/ tea were offered in the afternoon and evenings. The girls at the desk were very friendly and helpful. They even went out of their way to give me directions and printed out info from mapquest for me. My company paid with a purchase order ahead of time and for once this wasn't a problem at all.
Overall, I was pleased with my room and the service. If I have to return to the area I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank RenaissanceGirl
Reviewed 3 October 2007

In the past, I haven't been able to find a clean, well-maintained and safe-feeling place to stay in Riverside, but the Dynasty Suites was a great place in a good area with lots of places to eat nearby. The price was moderate and the room upscale. I will stay here from now on when traveling through Riverside. They also have only a $10 fee for small animals.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2007

A coleague of mine and I were forced to stay in riverside on short notice. luckily we were able to find The Dynasty Inn and Suites; however, when we told others that we would be staying on University they became worried. We were also worried. We had some trouble finding the place but when we found it we were greated warmly. It is very close to the UC Riverside campus and it is surrounded by nice shops and eateries. The next time my co-worker and I had to stay in riverside she booked the Marriot... by comparrison the Marriot was a huge let down and tomorrow night when we travel down there again we will be staying at The Dynasty Inn and Suites

Stayed: June 2007
5  Thank unoimthat1dude
Reviewed 17 February 2006

This a very well run place, with many thoughtful touches, like a curved shower curtain rod so you have more room in the tub, a free bottle of water in the fridge, very helpful staff. They've basically taken a modest facility, really a two-story motel, and made the best of it. The only reason I didn't give it a five is the limitations of the old building--thin walls and it can be noisy. Unless you paid much bigger bucks to stay downtown (would have been $50 more a night for the Marriott downtown), I can't imagine a more convenient location in Riverside. As advertised, Starbucks is easy to walk to. We were visiting relatives and didn't explore for restaurants. My sister was there without a car one day and went downtown on the bus without difficulty. Our non-smoking king room was pleasantly decorated, with couch, desk, fridge, no smoke or chemical ordors. All in all, an excellent value.

• Stayed: November 2005
6  Thank bewatts
Reviewed 16 December 2005

I would agree with the positive reviews. The room was clean, staff nice and great location. However, when the bars let out on a Saturday night, it was awful. There were about 30-40 loud intoxicated college students partying in the parking lot for more than an hour. There were intoxicated people right out side of our room and we were traveling with an infant and toddler. The noise was unbearable and unacceptable. The office was called twice and I even personally asked the drunks outside of my room to keep it down at 2 a.m. Security and the police had to be called. The hotel let this go on too long and refused to discount our stay even $1. With all the drunks, I feared that my car would be damaged in the parking lot.

• Stayed: November 2005
2  Thank Rackel
Lore_88, Manager at Dynasty Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2010

We are very concerned with the comfort and safety of our guests. The bars mentioned in this posting have since been closed, and our hotel now utilizes a video monitoring system, as well as 24-hour security patrol.

A TripAdvisor Member
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 28 November 2005

We stayed here on Thanksgiving 2005, The rooms were very clean, hotel was convenient to everything. Staff was very pleasant. Received two cookies upon checkin and room had basket of essentials toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, mouthwash, shoeshine, razor, saving cream. We've never had that in a hotel room even in the best hotels we've stayed at. I recommend it if your looking for a clean well kept hotel that accepts pets for less than $100 per night.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lore_88, manager at Dynasty Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2009

Thank you for the kind words - Dynasty strives to give excellent service and amenities for rates suitable to any budget. Just a note - the hotel no longer accepts pets.