“welcoming staff clean ,quiet comfortable room.”

Dynasty Suites Hotel
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed 13 March 2010

My husband and I chose the deluxe king room (smkng). The room was clean ,quiet, the bathroom was very clean with lots of clean white towels. My only qualm was the bed, I really wanted the temperpedic bed, unfortunately that room was unavailable, but the bed we had was comfortable. There are lots of restuarants within walking distance and a movie theater. Overall the experience was good.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 December 2009

We're a band from Denver, CO...and we tour southern California about once a month. We ALWAYS stay at Dynasty Suites in Riverside. The beds are so comfortable (Our regular room has tempur-pedics) we even wrote a song about them. The location is just a couple minutes from UC Riverside, and about 50 minutes from the beach and LA. The front desk is always friendly. The hotel has a small pool, and continental breakfast. There are also plenty of restaurants right in the area. They also offer free faxes and copies, free gym passes, free WiFi, and fun amenities in the bathroom (sewing kit, shoe polish, etc.).

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2009

I am attending a meeting at UCR and normally stay at a higher end hotel than this but the better property was booked. The only room left at this hotel when I booked was the "honeymoon suite". The room has a heart shaped tub surrounded by granite and tile. It has a very comfortable king bed and has good wireless internet. The tub works however the only way to turn on the jets is by a timer switch on the wall about 10 ft away from the tub. This is kind of cheesy and it means you can not operate the jets from inside the tub, unlike most jetted tubs. By far my biggest complaint about the room is the toilet. When I checked in it worked fine and I have not put anything solid down the toilet, but slowly each time it gets worse. Now it is completely backed up at 5:30am. This was not caused by anything I put down the toilet so I suspect it is a plumbing problem further down the line. Unfortunately I typically have to go #2 first thing in the morning, and having to do this with a backed up toilet us not my idea of a $129 hotel room.
More minor issues are the lingering smoke smell in the room (nonsmoking), the closet door is broken, and the flip security bar on the door is missing half so it does not operate. This is not a terribly secure hotel - it is motel style with room access from an outside area so it would be good if they had a working second security bar, in addition to the deadbolt.
Also there are no extra blankets in the room, except the one duvet on the bed.
The fact that the "front desk" has security glass surrounding the entire desk, like in a bank, does not leave me with a safe impression of this hotel. I called the front desk and asked for a refund or discount due to the toilet and there was just a young girl there who was unable to do anything. I am disappointed with this property. Yet another lesson that if you are traveling on business, stay in a full service hotel if you want a full service hotel room, even if you are promised a jetted tub at the bargain hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank mybusinesstraveller2
Lore_88, manager at Dynasty Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2009

We were very sorry to hear that this guest had an unpleasant experience. This guest received a 50% discount on the room.

Reviewed 26 August 2009

It is a very basic, no frills, extremely clean motel. It is very convenient to restaurants and freeways. The personnel is extremely helpful. The room cost is very affordable. I strongly recommend Dynasty Suites for cost-effective, clean and basic needs.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2009

I have stayed in Riverside near UCR several times and have usually stayed at the Comfort Inn on University. For this stay, I decided to try Dynasty Suites after reading the better Trip Advisor rating. It was worth the stay/trial, but I am not sure it is better than Comfort Inn overall. One of the other reviews suggested essentially that they did well with what they had, which is a relatively small two story motel. I would concur. Generally I find such motels off-putting, but this place was fine, and they do make an effort to enhance where they can. They do offer a great array of amenities, such as arrival cookies, bottles of water, and all the toilet articles that most other hotels suggest you call down to the front desk for. While I appreciate the effort, finally one pays for these things. Cleanliness and comfort are my primary concerns and I found this motel quite fine on both fronts. For an older motel, they also do a fine job with the general aesthetic. The desk people were all quite pleasant, competent, and helpful when needed. The breakfast space and offerings left much to be desired, but, again, I think they do fairly well with what they have. The place is fine for what it is.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2008

The hotel has great staff who are very polite and helpful.
The rooms are still fairly new and really very pleasant and clean. It's one of the better places to stay in Riverside.
The breakfast is much better than most Continental breakfasts-cereal, waffles, fruit, oj, coffee, toast.
The area is not great despite the fact that the block across the road was rebuilt as an entertainment and restaurant area. It all looks newish but University Ave. at various spots is inhabited by the homeless. Don't let this put you off. It's no worse than any other city of it's size.
There is a Shakeys Pizza and a Coco's and a Denny's with walking distance and other restaurants. There is an English Pub The Royal Falconer at 4281 Main Street which serves excellent fish and chips..Head down University Aved. towards downtown and away from the 60/215 freeway.
All in all this hotel is really nice and great value. I will certainly stay there again. I got a better rate by going to the Hotel web site.
The only fault with this hotel is the pool-it's about the size of your bath tub.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank McDTwilight6
Reviewed 8 June 2008

I was in Riverside visiting my parents and this hotel was recommended by a coworker. The check-in/check-out process was very easy and the staff was exceptional. They went out of their way to print up directions and just all around made me feel at home. I felt very safe and they even have their own security that patrols the parking lot. The rooms were just remodeled and the beds were AMAZING. For the price of this hotel I was blown away by all the extra amenities they provide. The owner was there on my last day and he came out to talk to me and a few other guests for awhile during breakfast. The other guest knew him well and I started to notice that most of the guests were all repeats, not surprising. I felt at home and my parents were even treated warmly. I have stayed at the Comfort Inn and also the Marriott and neither compare to Dynasty Suites in value, service, and cleanliness. I will definitely come again and again whenever in the area.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Taveler88