“Worth the price...”

Motel 6 UC Riverside
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The room was clean and the beds were comfortable, but the bathroom could be more clean. No problems using the internet. No other services provided but overall it was good enough. No very good for people who are disturbed by noises from the street. There's a gas station in front of it so it gets noisy during the night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 October 2012

I used to study at University of California Riverside - so I know pretty well the area.
I decided to pay a visit to some teachers of mine and stayed at the motel 6 by the University Village. The location is great, since it is walking distance form commerce & from the university. However, this motel 6 is in pretty bad shape (smell, really). I knew this motel 6 was reputed as risky - but I'm pretty used to traveling alone in "not-that-classy" places. However, it did seem risky and I didn't feel safe (which clearly means it wasn't) : strange people all the time, "guest" policy insisting on the risks in staying at this hotel, reminders not to come back too late and to lock the door, and so on.
And noisy.
In my opinion, you can find a better place on univ. ave, maybe a bit more expansive, but quieter.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank LuWang
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I stayed here twice in one month. First time I stayed in room 203 and they woke me up with construction in the next room. I asked the old lady in the front office to make sure I got a room that would allow me to sleep in and guess what. the room right next door was being worked on. Didn't get my sleep that I needed. Plus they say they have all these channels on the tv and they are not available. And don't even think about using the HDMI on the TV. They have it locked so you cant hook up a laptop. very selfish if you ask me. Second time I stayed there in room 221 and I did get my sleep but they rushed me out. Housekeeping at 10am..pretty silly to me.

Room Tip: stay at the Dynasty inn around the corner on Iowa. Same price and the rooms are twice as nice. Staff...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank losttrekker
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We had just left a hotel in another city ... so it was nice to go some where,, where they wree freindly, this was the 2nd time we stayed in this hotel and we would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Great place, front desk was friendly. Plenty of places to eat all around and very close to freeway. Had a fridge and microwave and the tv had plenty of channels. Had no problems there what so ever. Front desk was even helpfully about giving me directions to the venue I was going to the night I checked in. I would use this Motel 6 again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2012

This is a good Motel 6 like any other Motel 6.
Its location is very good, especially if you are in UC Riverside.
One of our rooms (room 124) was a non-smoking room and had a very bad smell of cigarette smoke. That is not the fault of the hotel, but of the client that smoked in the room a few days before. We complained about the smell and we were told that it is not too bad (without even leaving their office). They didn't even look surprised or apologized.

Room Tip: Do not go to room 124
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2010

Regardless of location. The staff was always top notch here. If you can stand a cheap motel and a so so neighborhood. Then live it up here. LOL

Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business