“Room smelled weird, location was good.”

Motel 6 UC Riverside
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed 10 August 2014

There's lots of things to see around motel. Rooms are rather small and had a weird smell. Restroom was real small, toilet seat is right next to bathtub. The room seemed a little dirty. I guess you get what you pay for. Won't be returning, would not recommend if you're used to clean rooms and no funny smells.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank theoneon

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We recently stayed on a last minute stopover to have dinner with friends in Riverside before launching a roadtrip to wine country. Having stayed a numerous Motel 6's on a recent 6 week journey, and since this particular location seemingly was a good location near the Universary of California Riverside, we thought it would be fine. WRONG...

To access the motel we drove through a fast food restaraunt parking lot and when we arrived we were greeted by a number of unsavoury types sitting in front of their rooms on hotel furniture, obviously weekly or monthly residents.

While the room was "remodeled" it was dirty and the bed was extremely uncomfortable.

So much for cheap...We've learned our lesson. Pay a little more...Get MUCH more!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The room was clean and the beds were comfortable, but the bathroom could be more clean. No problems using the internet. No other services provided but overall it was good enough. No very good for people who are disturbed by noises from the street. There's a gas station in front of it so it gets noisy during the night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I used to study at University of California Riverside - so I know pretty well the area.
I decided to pay a visit to some teachers of mine and stayed at the motel 6 by the University Village. The location is great, since it is walking distance form commerce & from the university. However, this motel 6 is in pretty bad shape (smell, really). I knew this motel 6 was reputed as risky - but I'm pretty used to traveling alone in "not-that-classy" places. However, it did seem risky and I didn't feel safe (which clearly means it wasn't) : strange people all the time, "guest" policy insisting on the risks in staying at this hotel, reminders not to come back too late and to lock the door, and so on.
And noisy.
In my opinion, you can find a better place on univ. ave, maybe a bit more expansive, but quieter.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank LuWang
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I stayed here twice in one month. First time I stayed in room 203 and they woke me up with construction in the next room. I asked the old lady in the front office to make sure I got a room that would allow me to sleep in and guess what. the room right next door was being worked on. Didn't get my sleep that I needed. Plus they say they have all these channels on the tv and they are not available. And don't even think about using the HDMI on the TV. They have it locked so you cant hook up a laptop. very selfish if you ask me. Second time I stayed there in room 221 and I did get my sleep but they rushed me out. Housekeeping at 10am..pretty silly to me.

Room Tip: stay at the Dynasty inn around the corner on Iowa. Same price and the rooms are twice as nice. Staff...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank losttrekker
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We had just left a hotel in another city ... so it was nice to go some where,, where they wree freindly, this was the 2nd time we stayed in this hotel and we would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Great place, front desk was friendly. Plenty of places to eat all around and very close to freeway. Had a fridge and microwave and the tv had plenty of channels. Had no problems there what so ever. Front desk was even helpfully about giving me directions to the venue I was going to the night I checked in. I would use this Motel 6 again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo