“Really Good”

Dining options: After-hours
Riverside, California
“Really Good”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

The food at the Salted Pig was really good. We started with the Battered Dates & Classy Girl drink. The dates are a must, but the cocktail was no so good, stick to the beers. My dinner was the Pork Belly with Rice Noodles. It was very greasy but good, the noodle were not cooked enough for my taste. Stick to the Burgers. Dessert was Pig Sammy, that was very good. Over all the staff was very nice. Get there early. We are planning to go again.

Hesperia, California
“Piglicious!”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I love downtown Riverside and waited until I had a babysitter for my two little boys so my husband and I could check out The Salted Pig. The name alone intrigued me. Are gastro pubs the modern answer to medieval watering holes? I had read that the place is pretty busy on the weekends. They open at 5 pm on Saturdays so we arrived about 5:25 pm. The place was already busy but there was only a couple people waiting for a table. We were told it would be about 15 minutes but after about 7 or 8 minutes we were seated. By that time, the place was full. I mean really full! The waiting area was packed. I was pretty happy that we had came so early.

Service was fast and our waiter was terrific. We decided to really experience 'the pig' so we started with the filthy fries that had cracklin dust sprinkled on top. These were excellent. My husband ordered the pork belly sandwich and I ordered the pig 2.0. We also, trepidatiously, ordered the candied bacon ice cream. It was all so good! I also tried the Foxbarrel Pear Cider. It was so light and refreshing and the perfect accompaniment for all the salty porky goodness. The Salted Pig has a great laid back atmosphere with great music playing in the background. Even though it's not stuffy, I would leave the kids at home and enjoy a night out with your significant other or a group of friends. Even if you don't live around Riverside (which I do not), I would recommend the trek from anywhere in SoCal to visit The Salted Pig.

1 Thank StacyRW79
Laguna Beach, California
“Fantastic Food and Beer”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I dined at the Salted Pig with a friend while visiting the local University. We sat at the Chef's counter and we were able to watch the Chefs prepare the meals. At first I was skeptical about sitting at the counter but found the overall experience enjoyable and educational.

I started with the popcorn cooked in pig fat and the pig board as appetizers. Wow. The popcorn is amazing. For a main entree I had the Tomato sandwich grilled. The grilled tomato sandwich was fantastic and the house made ketchup for the fries was spicy and memorable. My friend ordered the fish, which he said, was above average. The staff was extremely attentive and knowledgeable and able to answer our numerous questions.

Why 4 instead of 5 stars? My major gripes had to do with the environment. Why do restaurants keep the lighting so low? The lighting in this establishment is on the dark side so if you are visually impaired bring a flashlight to read the menu and daily specials. The music was also a bit loud and obnoxious. I had to lean into my friend to carry on casual conversation. Brighter lighting, and softer music...

Without hesitation, I would recommend this establishment for casual dining and better than average food in Riverside.

2 Thank USMCCowboy
“Vile salty food”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

This food was a waste of money. WAY too salty. So salty I felt sick. End of story. I really don't understand why my peers love this joint, the environment is OK but seriously, it was pretty disgusting.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Katspeaker
Riverside, California
“Not much for the money”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Over priced. How about a $15.00 hamburger that is overcooked? Very simple decor - could be a diner. Loud.

Visited February 2013