“Very good food”

The Salted Pig
Ranked #10 of 701 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Europe
“Very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

We had dinner at the salted pig. I was very much surprised - in a positive way. The style is more "plain and simple". Service was very good and the food very good. I would definitely go there again.

Visited December 2013

Madison, South Dakota
“Unique & one of a kind”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for appetizers & adult beverages before checking into our hotel before visiting the Festival of Lights in Riverside. After reading prior reviews we HAD to try the bacon fat popcorn, amazing! We also tried the brussel sprouts, again, amazing.
All the beers were really good & although we didn't try any of the entrees, the people to both sides of us at the bar said their food was some of the best they had ever had....we will be back! Enjoy!

Los Angeles, California
“Interesting and unusual Menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

Very good food with interesting tastes and textures. Not a place to eat often, but it is an interesting, enjoyable and unique experience. If traveling to Riverside it is definitely worth a visit and a meal. It is very popular and often crowded. I even notice families with small children eating here which is unusual since the place is set up to appeal to a different cliental.

• Visited December 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Can't wait to go back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

While doing some filiming out near Lakeview, we stopped in Riverside to look for someplace to eat. The "Salted Pig" got our attention and we went in. Wow. I know people have a tendency to say "such and such was the BEST thing ever..." and I'm trying not to fall into that, but this was THE BEST pork ever! :-) The service was good, the staff was helpful as we were looking for their best signature menu item since we were passing through, and the food........awesome. The pork was so juicy and flavorful and it had some sort of seasoning that was so good. Here's how good it was..... I would drive the hour (plus) distance from Anaheim or Costa Mesa just to have dinner there.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Corey E
Riverside, California
“One of the Best Places in Downtown Riverside”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Visiting Riverside? Looking for late night service? Even parking fees - that usually keep us out of downtown - don't apply late into the evening.
It was "crowded," but we decided to sit at the "Chef's Bar" (not the bar-bar) and so were seated immediately.
The Chef's Bar is a long, tall, stainless-steel bar facing the kitchen. It gives you something to watch as the cooks diligently go about their business. You can mostly see them working - not what they're working on. But it's a well-run, clean, place. (Relatively little conversation among the help... no "YES CHEF!'s" here as you'd find in Gordan Ramsey's Hell's Kitchen. I mention this because evidently the cocktails weren't quite as weak as they tasted, and my wife kept bugging the guy working right across from us to yell, "YES CHEF" just once. "That's French," he explained. Actually, I thought that if it was really a French thing, then it would be: "OUI CHEF!," but I decided not to bring it up.
OK, so I mentioned the cocktails. Tasted great and evidently hid the alcohol content. About ten bucks each...She had the "Clever Girl," and I tried the "Wise Mexican..." Clever and Wise: that's us. She was clever enough to joke with the "chef" at the Chef's Table, I was wise enough to keep my mouth shut - except to eat.
We really never made it past two appetizers. (We fill up fast lately, which is probably good, but we really meant to try their acclaimed burgers.) We ordered the Street Tacos (3, small, soft taco's with pork-belly), which were tasty and good. I'd never had pork belly before and was both apprehensive and intrigued. It's a bit like fatty bacon. I wish they'd have had carnitas - shredded pork instead. But they were good. We also tried the "Filthy Fries" which at some places are called "dirty fries," without the alliteration. Also good, but we didn't finish. I ordered a dark beer: I can't remember the name, but it may have been Avery Samael's Oak Aged, or some such - high alcohol content, but you can pay as little as 6 dollars for a 8 oz glass, or as much as 15 bucks for an 8 oz bottle or somewhere in between. Check the beer menu on their site: www dot saltedpigriverside dot com. You'll see what I mean.
Overall, a good night out - and we live in Riverside. If you're Staying at the "historical" Mission Inn or nearby, you should probably splurge and go.

• Visited November 2013