“A Very Nice Restaurant”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Description: this is located at the Galleria @ tyler
Description: this is located at the Galleria @ tyler
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Consistent quality food and service and a very wide menu. This isn't four star eating but its just a really nice place to take a family to for dinner.

Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Dinner with family! I enjoyed the green tea spritzer , a must try. I also recommend the hearty jambalaya if you looking for a hearty meal with a kick.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I tried the Island Tilapia and my daughter had the THAI-HIGH SWEET AND ZESTY CHICKEN SALAD. The flavor was there w/the Tilapia, but one side of the fish was visibly pink and appeared undercooked. I didn't want to send it back as I'm always leary when doing so. So I ate a few forkfuls of my daughter's salad, which was good. Service was pleasant, but slow. I'm not sure if I'll return.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

My Hubby & i always sit in the bar area to avoid the families. The service, food and atmosphere is always great and if i have a coupon that's even better. It's one of our "go too" places when we are not in the mood for fast food.

Reviewed 24 December 2012

This restaurant used to be our favorite for family outings --- reasonable food, reasonable price, friendly people, good service. As Dad (me) led and paid these factors are important to me. It was the restaurant we would travel to. However something has slipped badly. There's been something wrong with our last four visits including our last, yesterday evening. Yesterday we went to see Skyfall (great movie) at the cinema next door and it was past 8:00 PM when the movie finished. Rather than a take out, which would have meant eating around 9, we decided to eat at the Elephant Bar. My son ordered French soup and crispy terriyaki chicken, my wife a soup and sandwich, myself a premium Long Island Ice Tea and a shrimp pasta. We asked for the soups to come first -- one did, the other did not. After 10 mins waiting for the second soup we said forget the soup, My premium LIIT was watery and contained little punch (I was not driving) --- it is my drink of choice and I often mix it in my own bar so I know what it should be like. It was either made from well or below measure spirits --- difficult to say which because the lemon was overpowering. My son's entre turned out to be the wrong one --- terriyaki chicken rather than the crispy terriyaki he had ordered. The manager came, listened to my complaints, and comped my son's entre and my LIIT. Everyone was very nice and friendly but they had still managed to spoil the dinner. The bill came -- the waitress had forgotten to deduct our Senior Explorer discount (which I discovered and which she willingly corrected) and charged us for my son's missing soup (which I didn't discover until I got home and couldn't be bothered to chase). It wasn't as if the place was busy --- in fact it was pretty empty. These errors, mainly in the service area, were similar to the sorts of mistakes we experienced over our previous three visits, although on this last occasion there were several mishaps rather than just one ----- one or more of us left waiting while the rest of us carried on eating or let our food get cold, mistakes on the bill, poor quality drinks, wrong food. Shame because, as I've said, it used to be our favorite restaurant for family get togethers. I don't think we'll be going again !