“Hidden Gem near downtown Riverside”
Review of Thunderbird Lodge

Thunderbird Lodge
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed 15 March 2010

Thunderbird lodge is excellent value. Recently remodeled, the room was comfortable. Plenty of parking too.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Kevin M

Reviewed 24 February 2010

I'm seldom disappointed when I rely on other TripAdvisor member reviews to choose lodging when in unfamiliar territory, and this stay was a case in point. Clean spacious room with all the amenities I desire, at a very fair price. Give me a microwave, refrigerator, good wireless internet in a clean room with a comfortable bed, plenty of hot water and adequate towels, and all will be well. The Thunderbird provided all that and more. Secure private property with convenient parking and friendly staff. One or two little nit picks... facial tissue dispensers should be provided, and the ventilating unit made an annoying sound with the heat on. But, should the occasion warrant, I'd stay again without any hesitation.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank RickNP
Reviewed 24 February 2010

We met family from N CA and Louisville, KY in Riverside for a little family reunion. What a great place to stay! The rooms were very clean and quiet and beautifully decorated. The manager couldn't have been nicer and so helpful. He had great suggestions of things we could do in the area. He even moved our sis and bro-in-law to a larger room so we could get together after supper to visit and play cards. They have kids in college in Riverside and this will be 'home' when they come to visit and we will definately be staying here any time we return for a visit. We all commented on how quiet it was and such comfortable beds.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2010

The Thunderbird Lodge is about a mile from downtown Riverside, and though I wouldn't go walking around the Lodge's neighborhood at night, the Thunderbird felt very secure with it's one way in and one way location.

The room was clean and very comfortable. All of the amenities worked, and I think many, if not all rooms have a coffeemaker and mini-fridge. The front desk people spoke English and were very friendly-A definite plus for Riverside!

I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2010

We were pleasantly surprised by the decor and cleanliness of the room. The whole hotel had been tastefully remodeled. The new pillow top bed was one of the most comfortable beds we have slept on in a hotel and we stay at quite a few. The front desk staff were very nice and accommodating. The area of town did not appear to be too bad as talked about in other reviews. We will definitely stay there again if in the area and highly recommend!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lman6404
Reviewed 17 January 2010

The Thunderbird Lodge provided exactly what I was looking for... a place to stay that was inexpensive, clean, friendly, and well located. Neil, the manager, was genuinely interested in how my stay was. I appreciated the personalized service, spotless rooms, and easy access to downtown Riverside. I'm happy I found a place to stay that is comfortable and priced right!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2008

My family and I were down in Riverside for a family reunion, and the Thunderbird Lodge was recommended by our relatives in Riverside.
We had an excellent room! It was spacious, with comfortable beds, the bathroom was clean and everything worked. I was told the Lodge was entirely redone from inside out, it is a beautiful property keeping the historical value of it in the remodel was worth it. Contrary to other reviews, my family and I felt safe and the staff was courteous. The area is a little quite (in the process of being re-developed) and not really much to do within walking distance, but I think for the price we paid, it was very worth it! Thank you for making our reunion memorable!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank divadreams