“Local Gem”

54 Degrees at Duane's
Ranked #18 of 701 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar, Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
California
“Local Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

My girfriend and I meet about once or twice a month for happy hour. We decided to try 54 Degrees at Duane's. It is located past the front desk outside of Duane's Restaurant. There is a featured Special Monday through Friday this month from 5pm - 7pm get any of the six appetizers for $6 each. The choices to choose from are:
Calamari Fritti, Cheese Quesadilla, Cheese Platter, Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken, French Onion Soup and Crab Cake. I have personally tried the Caesar salad. It was a nice sized appetizer and just filling enough without leaving me overly stuffed. I have tried several of the other small plates. My favorite is the Tempura Lobster Roll at $7. It consists of Fried tempura lobster, micro greens, English cucumber, topped with avocado and served with chili aioli. My only thought would be to serve ut with more of the chili aioli. I have also tried the Spicy Seared Filet Mignon $9, which consists of Marinated filet, cayenne pepper sauce, grilled fresh peppers and onions It was very good. The other item I tried is the Hawaiian Chicken $4 which consists of Marinated chicken, pineapple and Hawaiian sweet rice. This was my least favorite small plate. I found it too sweet for my tastes. It is the lowest priced small plate. My girfriend loved the Steamed Australian Mussels at $6, consists of Garlic, shallots, crushed red pepper and chardonnay wine. There is an extensive wine list, very very impressive. They offer three separate sized glasses. Each is sized by ounces. I do not recall those particulars at this time. The med sized glass I believe is about 3.5oz. I have tried a glass as low at $5 up to $10 depending on the wine. It is a great way to try different wines at a reasonable price. The atmosphere is very relaxing. There is usually a live musician who plays a variety of music. Since our initial happy hour trip we have since returned another two times. I try a different wine each time.

• Visited May 2014

Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
“An elegant dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

The service in any of the restaurants at the Mission in is first class. Their menu is wonderful, the food is excellent and the ambiance is unique to find in the USA. I always take visitors to the Inland Empire the Mission Inn, not just for the food but for their live entertainment Thursday through Saturday at 54 degrees.

Visited January 2014
San Francisco, California
“The music was excellent.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

The food wasn't that great. But, the live music was really good.
Granted it was very crowded due to the Festival of the Lights. The service was OK. I detected a bit of an attitude from our server, but other than that, everything was fine.

Visited December 2013
Riverside, California
“Top Shelf all the way...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is the ultimate wine bar. Seeing is believing. Great performer was there and super place to have a drink ---the waiting room between two of the Hotel's restaurants. Nice atmosphere.

Visited November 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Flights galore!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Go for the wine tasting before dinner, then pick a sampling for dinner. Everything we had was great, but we are pinot noir fans!

Visited October 2012