“Great to come home to D'Elia's!”
Review of D'Elia's Grinders

D'Elia's Grinders
Ranked #34 of 709 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I spent my college years in Riverside, and loved D'Elia's, so it was fun to go back and try them again to see if they've stood the test of time. They have indeed! The beef dip is as good as every--the same wonderfully fresh crusty bread, great dip, good meat--and the cold grinders--cappacola in particular--satisfying. They've modernized since the old days (1970s), with many more tables both indoors and out. I've lived a number of places in the US, and traveled extensively, and nowhere have I found grinders to match those at D'Elia's. It's a must-do kind of place if one is in Riverside, and we certainly will stop by again when next we're in Riverside.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have been going to D'Elia's for over 48 years and have never had a grinder that could compare. The bread is baked fresh daily and is delicious. I have had most of the varieties, but keep going back to the roast beef. (or a meatball on a cold day) I have taken many friends to D'Elia's over the years and every one has become an avid fan. It is a long way from Redlands for a grinder, but worth it!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Absolutely the best grinders ever!!! Their pastrami is super tender, no fat & has the best flavor!! I also love the ham grinders. All of their grinders are awesome. It's the homemade bread that makes them out of this world!!!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

D'elia's makes a Grinder unlike any other Sub in the world. I have coveted them since 1975. they just taste great and they make your mouth and belly happy. Once you have one, you will never forget it. I would like to forget because I live halfway across the country...but I still think about those Grinders every once in a while, usually the roast beef or the Ham. I don't get to Riverside very often but when I do I stopping for a D'elia's Grinder!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Been going here for 20+ years. Love the crunchy bread. Every city it seems has a place where you everyone goes to have a sandwich and they swear by it. If you live in LA you head to Philippes, if you live in El Monte you head to Tito's, and if you live in Riverside you go to D'Elia's. I've heard many people pronounce it many different ways but they all seem to agree it's one of the best in the area.

Had moved away a couple years back when I came in the last time they had updated the parking and added a patio area. The street its located on isnt the best but it never seems to affect the atmosphere on the inside.