“Not at all worth the money”
Review of D'Elia's Grinders

D'Elia's Grinders
Ranked #25 of 703 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: American
Riverside, California
“Not at all worth the money”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Just had my first grinder from D'elias. This was the new location on Van Buren @ Wood St. This was a 2 meat grinder with roast beef and Turkey. I am beyond disappointed. $6.49 for literally 1 thin slice of beef, 1 thin slice of Turkey, and small pieces of cheese. If I wanted a loaf of bread, that's what I would have ordered. This was my first and will be my LAST visit. There are many other shops that value business, this unfortunately isn't one of them. If the owners pay attention, please see my photos I posted to verify the miniscule contents of my overpriced grinder.

2 Thank DrChop1

Riverside, CA
“A sub sandwich fixture in Riverside”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

D'Elia's has been on University Avenue forever. But it still serves a great fresh sub sandwich at a fair price. Truthfully, I don't remember the last time I had something other than the tuna sub. What I love about that sub at D'Elia's is its simplicity: Lots of tuna salad on an Italian sub roll - with a great crunchy crust and puffy interior - accompanied basically by shredded lettuce. It is huge, too - I always feel decadent about eating all of it in a single sitting.

• Visited August 2014
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Great to come home to D'Elia's!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I spent my college years in Riverside, and loved D'Elia's, so it was fun to go back and try them again to see if they've stood the test of time. They have indeed! The beef dip is as good as every--the same wonderfully fresh crusty bread, great dip, good meat--and the cold grinders--cappacola in particular--satisfying. They've modernized since the old days (1970s), with many more tables both indoors and out. I've lived a number of places in the US, and traveled extensively, and nowhere have I found grinders to match those at D'Elia's. It's a must-do kind of place if one is in Riverside, and we certainly will stop by again when next we're in Riverside.

• Visited July 2014
Southern California
“Best Grinder You Will Ever Eat”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have been going to D'Elia's for over 48 years and have never had a grinder that could compare. The bread is baked fresh daily and is delicious. I have had most of the varieties, but keep going back to the roast beef. (or a meatball on a cold day) I have taken many friends to D'Elia's over the years and every one has become an avid fan. It is a long way from Redlands for a grinder, but worth it!

• Visited May 2014
Beaumont, California
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Absolutely the best grinders ever!!! Their pastrami is super tender, no fat & has the best flavor!! I also love the ham grinders. All of their grinders are awesome. It's the homemade bread that makes them out of this world!!!

• Visited April 2014