“Amazing course in a unique location.”

Oak Quarry Golf Club
Folsom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Amazing course in a unique location.”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My co-worker who relocated from Southern California a few years ago recommended we play this course when in the area. Upon this recommendation, we made a tee time and hopped a flight for a great weekend of golf. Upon arrival the course looked great and we were excited about our round. We were a little disappointed by the selection of logo wear in the club house but my wife will be happy I didn't return with another golf shirt. After a few balls down the range, we hit the course. The course is very challenging and beautiful to say the least. The rock outcroppings and quarry ponds that lend to the name of the course are gorgeous. I haven't taken that many pictures of a golf course in a long time. Be sure to pay attention to yardages as this course does require some shot placement planning. It may not be terribly long, but if you are off the grass, you are in trouble. The staff was very accommodating from the bartender at the start of the round to the young man who cleaned our clubs and shuttled us to our car in the parking lot. For the $75 green fee on Friday, we felt it was well worth it and this course will now be part of an annual trip.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Shootinfool

Indian Wells, California
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Should be Five Stars”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

This is probably the most impressive golf course in the Inland Empire (in my opinion, of course). The track is cut out from an old rock quarry as the name implies and it offers challenging golf opportunities while not being designed so ridiculously that it should have windmills and castles.

While this is a beautiful course, the last few times I have played there have been pure torture, not because of the course but because of pace of play. I believe that the tee time separation is approximately seven minutes compared to other courses who allow ten minutes between players. Essentially, if my math is correct, this results in two additional foursomes per hour. Thus, on my last three visits, we were definitely five hours plus to play a round, waiting on every shot, and on the signature hole over the Quarry lake, a course marshal was required for traffic control to manage the log jam of foursomes waiting to tee up. By the time our foursome got to hole 16, which gratefully returns to the clubhouse, and seeing two foursomes on the 17th tee, we packed it in and went home, not willing to commit another 45 minutes to an hour to complete the last two holes.

As much as I like this course, I am very reluctant to return, as I experience enough stress with my game without adding the trauma of a six hour round.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank 4njourneyer
Coquitlam, Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“WOW! A World Class Golf Experience”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Read about the golf course when it opened 12 years ago and made a mental note to play it - it just took a while to get there, The wait however was certainly worthwhile. In short, what an amazing golf experience. Got a great rate through GolfNow ($45 each with cart) for me, my wife and 16 year old son. We were met at our car by staff who took our clubs and loaded them onto our golf cart which had our names already on them. We were warmly greeted in the pro shop staff and offered a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie which continued the excellent customer service we experienced the rest of the day. Starter provided excellent guidance to potentially troublesome holes, cart staff were regular and enthusiastic and when the round started to slow down, the course marshall moved everyone along. The guys that cleaned our clubs at the end of the round and carried them to the car were awesome. The course itself was magnificently maintained - it was really hard to find a divot on any of the fairways, the greens perfect and the views from the tee boxes spectacular. Be forewarned - this can be a difficult course if you cannot hit the ball straight, but overall is also quite forgiving. It was truly a joy to play and is now on my MUST-PLAY-AGAIN list for the next time I am in California. It is located between LA and Palm Desert, so it is pretty much an hour away from LA, San Diego or the Desert. Put it on your list - you won't be dissapointed.

Visited March 2013
Trophy Club, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A must play if you are within 50 miles!”
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

This course is a hidden gem! We played the course 3 times over two days even though we had planned to only play it once. This is an exceptional mountain course that is challenging but fair. Stay out of the bunkers and you will have a great time. The staff provided us with exceptional service and met all our needs. The only issue was the price of beer......$54 for a twelve pack.....really? Oh well we passed and truly enjoyed this well kept course. Looking forward to a return trip!

Visited April 2013