“Authentic Mexican” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Laguna Beach
“Authentic Mexican”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

This family owned and run restaurant has been a Riverside institution for more than 40 years. They have excellent food prepared from scratch on site. They have some dishes not found elsewhere including the burrito Aguilar--pork in a flour tortilla fried and covered with an excellent green sauce.

Service is accommodating but do not expect to get out in 25 minutes--the food is cooked to order.

I often order the Templo Special--enchilada, taco, tostada, and rellano with rice, beans and a salad. Mmm!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LagunaMike

Missoula
“Favorite Mexican Restaurant Anywhere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

I Love Tempo Del Sol. The food has always been good although the service used to be terrible. I actually screened potential dates by meeting them there and seeing how patient/friendly they were when waitress ignored us.

The service is now much better and the food is the same, and inexpensive. My favorite is the nopales burrito. I visit at least once whenever I am in Riverside. The mexican food in Montana sucks- nothing beyond your standard enchiladas and tacos. Even when I lived in San Jose, CA, I never found a restaurant I liked as much as Tempo.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Fearlessmsla
Philadelphia
“Great, cheap food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

This place was very good. The food was delicious & the service was excellent.

Visited October 2011
Riverside, California
“i got sicker then a dog”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

My girlfriend and i would go to templo del sole quite often and have always enjoyed it up until now. After we had eaten there recently we went home and went to bed a few hrs later, About 4 in the morning we both had real bad stomach aches and puked our guts out.. I know it was from eating there because i just meet up with my girlfriend from not seeing her for a few days and we both got sick as hell. Ill never ever go there again and would not recommend it to my worstest enemy.

Visited October 2011
Riverside, California
“THIS WAS SO NASTY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

We just left this place and we will never go back. We were looking at the menu and a COCKROACH feel from the celing into my menu, I closed my menu and almost ran over my husband to get out of there, he didnt know what happened, I made him take me home to take a shower. I am stiil grossing out! We had been here before and thought the food was good, now I wonder what else I was eating YUCK!! I am so glad I had not ordered and my dinner was not sitting in front of me or I would of been sick right there. I have recommended this place to so many people and I feel so bad now. When my husband went back in to tell them what had happened they just said "OH SORRY" How did they get an "A" rating from the health deparment? SO NASTY!!! :(

• Visited August 2011