“Average, good Mexican food”
Review of Don Jose's

Don Jose's
Ranked #24 of 706 Restaurants in Riverside
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We enjoyed our dinner here Saturday, May 10 @ 6 pm but felt we were rushed to finish. Although there were people waiting outside when we arrived, we were seated immediately (there were 2 of us) in a nice booth which insulated us from the noise of the restaurant. There were many families having dinner. I had to ask for water which is probably going to be the norm during the drought. The chips & salsa were fresh. We enjoyed our food and the margaritas were tasty. There was a lot to pick from on the menu. We had a good meal.

There are newer reviews for Don Jose's

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We went on Valentines day. they had a great special that night which was very good. We came with a large group and the service was very good. Prices were reasonable and the group seemed to enjoy what they had to eat. It was a good stop along the way.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

The average Mexican food restaurant that has survived in the same location in Riverside for over 30 years I think. Nothing too notable on the menu has a little nightclub action on the weekends mostly Kaiser nurses after-work or on lunch break. Same old, same old, C&H

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We had dinner at Don Jose's and were pleased with the meal. Having been to a LOT of Mexican restaurants in the Southwest, I wasn't overly impressed Don Jose's relative to other Mexican restaurants we've been to. The food was good, but it was about what I expect from any good Mexican restaurant, nothing really noteworthy. It was all fresh, the service was good, and the atmosphere was interesting. I recall the margarita's being pretty good and reasonably priced. The server was very attentive and friendly.

I wouldn't hesitate to go back to Don Jose's for a Mexican food fix while in the area.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Terrific Mexican food, even by Angeleno standards .. ..

Enjoyed being able to add CHILI VERDE to my combo > Not too many places offer that .. ..

And, this is the first Mex restaurant I can remember that offers FRENCH VANILLA ICE CREAM for desert .. .. I'm sure their flan is great, but after a great MEX meal, sometimes good ole ice cream is what you really want .. ..

1  Thank Sammy N