“Best restaurant in the Inland Empire”
Review of Mario's Place

Mario's Place
Ranked #7 of 703 Restaurants in Riverside
Price range: US$35 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Riverside, California
“Best restaurant in the Inland Empire”
Reviewed 25 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Mario's Place has great food. Their pasta dishes are not to be missed. Caesar salad is probably the best I've had anywhere. This is also a great late night spot with jazz on Saturday nights. The wine list is very impressive. Service can be a bit mixed but we keep on coming back for the food. We have never had a bad meal here.

Visited July 2013

Easthampton MA
“Italian food in California”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Finding Eastern Italian food out West is difficult. Mario's Place is excellent. Just a few steps from the Riverside hotels and in an area where walking is easy. Mario's is the closest to Italian food I have had on the West Coast. Really enjoyed the meals if not a bit overpriced.

• Visited June 2013
Milwaukie, OR
“Fresh food, good presentation, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Satisfied my squash cravings tonight by having stuffed zucchini blossoms for appetizer, followed by butternut squash ravioli with porcini mushrooms and sage butter. This was only one of their seasonal offerings, and it was delicious. I ate indoors, although I could have chosen to sit outdoors, with a view across the street of the historic Riverside Mission. This was the first time I'd been there, but I will certainly be back when I work in the area.

• Visited October 2013
Riverside, California
“One word: OVERPRICED!”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Some friends suggested we go there for our anniversary...I can appreciate an upscale Italian restaurant but there was nothing spectacular about this place. It was so dark we couldn't read the menu. The food took a long time to get to us. The bread the waiter handed to us with tongs was cold and hard as a rock. The salad was a joke...about the size of a can of tuna. We took another couple with us so there were 4 of us. We each had a glass of wine, shared 2 appetizers and our dinner. The bill came to a whopping $289!! MAYBE if the food was to die for we would feel it was worth it for a special occasion, but it just wasn't. Very disappointed and feeling sick on the drive home for spending so much money on dinner. Needless to say, we will not be going back.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank MissouriMarigold
Calgary, Canada
“Fodor's is right again! This was great”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We were staying at the Mission Inn across the street and Fodor's travel guides recommended Mario's Place across the street. Good choice we all agreed. There were 6 of us at dinner and everyone enjoyed their meal. My husband and I shared an unusual appetizer -- smoked salmon/mascarpone terrine with a light green salad. It was marvelous. I can't now recall what everyone else had, however my main pasta dish - linguine checca - was perfectly cooked and really delicious; spicy with the creaminess of the goat cheese contrasting. Service was prompt without being over-bearing and the environment very pleasant at the end of a hot day.

Visited July 2013