“Terrible Customer Service”

Ranked #59 of 714 Restaurants in Riverside
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: For over 35 years, Farmer Boys® has been serving award-winning burgers, made-from-scratch breakfast served all day, hand-chopped salads and specialty sandwiches. Favorites include the award-winning Farmer’s Burger®, the hearty Farmer’s Chopped Cobb Salad, and scratch-made French Toast. The expansive menu of dishes are all prepared with quality ingredients that are locally sourced whenever possible. At Farmer Boys, fresh ingredients, delicious food, and hearty portions will never go out of style
Reviewed 5 April 2014

If I could choose less than one star, I surely would. A month ago, I sent and email to the 'corporate' office indicating my frustration with the location at Iowa and Massachusetts in Riverside. I had been stopping in there regularly on Wednesday evenings after class. I always arrived between 9:45 and 9:50, at which time I ordered a salad. On my 2nd to last visit, I was made to feel as if I were putting the woman out because I ordered. I figured she must have been having a bad night. Then, on my last visit, I was told that they were closed as I attempted to order through the drive thru. I told the girl it wasn't 10:00. She informed me that she was still closed. I proceeded through the drive through, yet had to wait since 2 cars were in front of me. They needed to pay and receive their food. Another car tried to order behind me, and he too was told they were closed.He questioned them as well. He was able to back out. I then approached the window and asked for the manager's name. The girl turned and yelled..."she's mad!!" I said, "of course I'm mad, it's not 10:00". She then leaned out the window and yelled at me..."it doesn't matter, we're still closed!!!" The so-called manager pushed the girl aside and asked what I wanted. I informed her i wanted her name. I then left. After I arrived home, I wrote a letter to the corporate office. I hadn't heard anything, so, a week later I contacted them by phone to make sure they received it. The lady was nice, and indicated she had seen it and forwarded it on to the owner of that store, as well as the area manager. The excuse I was given for not getting a reply was that the owner was opening a new location and was busy with that. Well...here I sit.... waiting for an apology. Thank goodness I didn't hold my breath!! It's such a shame that a business such as this would find it acceptable to treat its customers in this manner. And to think, I only needed an apology.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I ate at the Ceres Ca restaurant, The person taking the order seemed to have attitude. The $8 hamburger (hamburger only) had no flavor. Very disappointing, not a bell ringer for sure and last time for me and farmer boys!

Reviewed 17 June 2013

The burger was delicious!!!! We dont have Farmer Boys out in my valley & we came out here to hit up the Mission Tiki Drive In (which is about a 15 min drive from Farmer) and it was thee PERFECT dinner to accompany our in car movies. The fries WEREEE a little over cooked which is the only reason it didnt get 5 stars. Probably just caught them on a bad day. But the burger was so delicious & you could taste the charbroiledness. Definitely will be going back whenever we come to a town that has a Farmer Boys. So glad we gave it a shot. :-)

Reviewed 24 May 2013

i had two very bad breakfast testerday and i did not appreciate the fact that my pancakes fell apart tasted cardboard when sice you see pancakes with waves like the ocean was not even tired up enough m done wit them call myself helpping neighbor hood not eva again

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Burgers are great here. Onions rings need a lot of salt. You can also get grilled cheese sandwiches and even breakfast. If you are in a hurry you can order on line and pick you meal up at the drive up window.