“Great”

Creola's Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We have been going to this restaurant since it opened. One of my favorites.

1  Thank 65David

Reviewed 23 March 2012

My mom took me to Creola's, telling me how wonderful it was, the food was so delicious and the atmosphere and service were as well. She was very embarrassed and we almost left when it took forever to place our order, then to finally receive our food. Even the meal was not very memorable - or worth waiting for. Poor mom, apologized for taking us there, and promised we won't be going back again.

2  Thank teresa m
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have lived in Riverside five years and just discovered this place. When we first got to the restaurant our group was a bit worried because we were younger than everyone there by about 40 years. But after the first taste of our escargot we were won over. The French onion soup was amazing. My favorite entrees were the lamb shank and the prime steak. Overall the food was outstanding. I completely recommend this restaurant! It's a bit pricey but totally worth it.

1  Thank Jfreakingw
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I tried this restaurant along with another couple due to a review in a local magazine. When we entered, we felt transported either to another decade or to the Midwest. The decor is 1980's country in shades of pink and green. We were greeted warmly by Creola herself and seated promptly. The menu is wide-ranging; among the four of us we had fish, chicken, veal and steak. All four were nicely prepared, served with mashed potatoes and vegetables and attractively presented. We all also had soup as a starter (you have a choice of soup or salad included in the meal). Two of us had the zucchini-watercress soup, and two had the potato, onion, Roquefort cheese soup. Both were yummy, and the soup was served with a generous basket of good breads. For dessert we shared a homemade lemon tart with raspberry sauce. Both the pastry and the filling were very good. The wine list was limited, but not overpriced. While we were there, there was one group of four 30-somethings, but everyone else was over 60. So younger diners might not care for this, but for good food and excellent service in a pleasant setting at a moderate price, this place would be hard to beat. Creola hasn't survived in this strip mall location for 18 years for nothing!

1  Thank canncan
Reviewed 25 January 2012

My husband and I have eaten at Creola's several times over the years, mostly for special occasions. We took my Mother and sister there for my mother's birthday. The service is alway great and the food is always outstanding. We have never been disapointed with the food or service! The nice thing is they take reservations and you never feel rushed through your dinner.