“Best hotel I have stayed in”

Americas Best Value Inn Riverside
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Lancaster, California, United States
“Best hotel I have stayed in”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

This hotel was one of the best I have stayed in. The owners are friendly, the rooms are modern and clean, its in a great location, and they have a delicious breakfast. We will definetly be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Torrance, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

My husband and I were a little hesitant to stop here, but much to our surprise, this was a great place! After reading the other reviews, we went ahead and tried it, regardless of our preconceived notion that all hotels of this type would give terrible service and sparse furnishings.
The room was nicely decorated, bed was comfortable, room was clean and the person who checked us in suggested some nice places to try around the area for dinner.
Overall, our visit was great. We will most likely come here again some time

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Loma Linda, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is a great value in downtown Riverside. The location is in the heart of downtown and you could walk to the Mission Inn, Fox theater, and visit small businesses and restaurants all in the area within a few blocks. I would much rather stay here than overpay at the Mission Inn. The motel does not look much on the outside, but the rooms are quite luxurious. It was a very nice surprise.
The staff at this motel was really helpful in making me feel at home. The front desk manager was so friendly and answered all my questions about the area. In the morning I had a nice breakfast provided by the motel including my favorite starbucks coffee. I hope you decide to stay at this little gem in the inland empire. I know I will be back here!

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the front side best.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dpat75
los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

The five star rating is in comparison with other motels in this price range, not to five star world class facilities. The room was small, but when one is only sleeping there, that was not a problem. A table and comfortable desk chair was available to computer work, and there is a refrigerator included. Where they earned the five stars was in cleanliness (immaculate), the most comfortable bed I have ever encountered in a motel, and the friendliness and helpfulness of the night and morning desk person. The crown molding and decorative door frames are a nice touch. This facility was very quiet. The breakfast area is small, but it seemed to work out.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

My first impression of this motel was that it looked a bit dinky and plain, then I walked into the lobby and saw a giant flat screen television along with marble counter tops, etc. It was such a contrast I felt sure that this was for show. Then I saw my room which while small, has a giant bed, flat screen television, heavy, dark wooded furniture, and a very clean and functional bathroom/shower. The price was great and I remain very surprised at the level comfort I when I got into the room. Unlike most motels, there wasn't even the usual worn or dilapidated fixture or sink that I sometimes see.

I do a lot of work in smaller towns and even when I visit larger cities I often take bottom dollar motels. It was great not to have to compromise either way. The area around it can look a little seedy, but in no way is it bad nor does it affect you in the slightest when you are ensconced in your room.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Fort Jones, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

Our first impression of the room was the clean comfortable beds. Each bed had 4 crisp, clean pillows and a blanket wrapped in clean white sheets. There were outlets on the wall above the nightstand for plugging in phones or other devices and lamps on the wall so the nightstand was available. The bathroom was very clean and the towels were nice and fluffy. The breakfast was small yet had variety and there was a coffee machine that offered a huge variety of blends. The staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. We changed our plans twice and they handled the changes with no problem. Great place to stay in the Riverside area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Oxnard
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

Americas Best Value Inn provides a good stay at a low price. The room was mid-size, clean and quiet. It appears to have been recently refurbished. There are crown molding, plantation shutters and a comfortable bed. The flat screen TV has high definition and lots of channels. The continental breakfast was all right.

Maxi-Foods, across the street, carries lots of stuff including drug store items.

We had dinner at Mariscos Ensenada which is nearby. They serve traditional Mexican food which we enjoyed. Note: The restaurant only accepts cash and, as far as alcohol, serves only beer and Margaritas!

Jersey Burgers is across the street which is OK for a good, quick lunch.

Room Tip: The only problem was that the plantation shutters didn’t block the light from the strip mall across...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverside
The Mission Inn Hotel and Spa
Hyatt Place Riverside Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Riverside/Corona East
Comfort Inn University
Comfort Inn University
#8 of 24 in Riverside
Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Riverside? Share your experiences!