“Clean, neat and economical”

Americas Best Value Inn Riverside
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Los Angeles, California
“Clean, neat and economical”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed here during the 2014 Riverside Dickens festival. An easy walk from the plaza (if you are not carrying things). The rooms are modest in size, meaning no room for a desk, but had upgraded granite sinks, bathroom tiles were perfectly laid, fancy shower jet heads, large flat screen TV, free wifi. I liked that the linens were white and crisp, the bedspread is folded down with sheets, not standard duvets, so it felt luxurious. The place was impeccably clean. Breakfast room a little small. Shows pride of ownership! If you are out and about throughout the day, the small room size will not bother you, and the nice beds and bedding will make for a restful night's sleep.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jckohnen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Ridgecrest, California
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This is the second year that I have stayed at the ABVI in Riverside. This will always be the place to stay, due to the amazing price, cleanliness, staff, AND location. If you are planning on going to the Dickens Festival, you are within walking distance. The breakfast offered is a typical continental. What is not typical is how clean the staff keeps the breakfast room and how fresh the items are in the room. Speaking of clean, I can't believe how thorough my room maid was at cleaning everything. The bed linen is soft, clean, and lovely. The mattress is wonderful. I've shared the secret of this inn to friends and, those who have checked it out, were very pleasantly surprised. The staff is very dedicated to giving you the best experience possible and are sincere in solving any issues. Check it out!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Ashish P, Public Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Riverside, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Hello Shar60

Thank you for your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed having you and the other Dickens Festival participants! You are a wonderful group! We take the utmost pride and effort in assuring all our rooms are at their cleanest and finest condition possible at all times. This philosophy of quality extends to our free breakfast as well. Our free breakfast is the perfect start to your day: 100% real orange juice, an espresso machine, fresh waffles and more. We hope you continue to make Riverside’s America’s Best Value Inn your “home away from home” for all your future events. We look forward to seeing you next year! Until, then take care.

-Ashish P
Northridge California
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Incredibly clean, super polite staff and a very very comfortable bed, and the shower is not to be believed! There are also quite a few places to grab a bite too eat nearby. I was there for a soccer Tournament and the fields were 10 minutes away. if you have need to be near downtown or are just passing through you could not do any better than here for the money.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Eastlake, Ohio
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Wow. What a great place to stay. Room was incredibly clean. Hotel is within walking distance from downtown. I read the reviews before my stay and they were right on. Rooms are updated and modern although a little small. Shower was the best hotel shower ever (multiple jets). Breakfast was convenient and good. For the price, you really can't beat this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ripey
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Of the very many hotels I've stayed at over the years--budget and not--this was the cleanest room I've ever been in. I notice cleaning imperfections whether I want to or not and was surprised to realize that absolutely nothing indicated prior use. No accumulated dirt or film in the corners, no weird smells, no built-up mineral or scum deposits. The room was not only newly renovated, it was truly like new.

The only issue was that there were no lamps on the night stand, given that the redesign replaced them with overhead lights--and the staff brought up a lamp right away. The staff were very nice as well.

The only issue I encountered was related to a change in check-in date. I had changed the check-in date a couple weeks prior, by calling the national number in the original confirmation e-mail, then received confirmation of the change. A couple days prior to check-in, I received an email reflecting the original check-in date instead. This time I changed the room myself, online, by clicking the Modify button. The price had changed, and I was instead charged the new rate (which happened to be lower than the original). If I had not brought printed copies of the latest confirmation, they would not have known what was going on. Once the desk clerk understood my position, he processed the check-in appropriately.

I would definitely recommend this hotel based on the excellent condition of the rooms.

1 Thank Andy R
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This property was above our expectations - we stayed here while visiting the Mission Inn's Festival of Lights. Very close walking distance to the Mission Inn - we would stay here again! Very clean and nice room - no frills but all you needed. Great big flat screen TV on the wall and coffee maker. We didn't get a chance to go to the breakfast, but it looked like a nice little area.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor and our neighbors were very loud - had to ask them to move their argum...
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My husband and I came to Riverside to see the Festival of the Lights. We didn't want to pay the price to stay at The Mission Inn so we booked a room here for a mere $80/night. We didn't know what to expect and we were pleasantly surprised! First, we both had annoying colds and arrived in Riverside in the morning. By early afternoon, the cold medicine kicked in and we needed a nap! Check in time here is 3pm. We arrived at 1pm and told the lovely young lady at the front counter of our situation and even though they usually don't have early check in, she worked hard to find us a room and allowed us to do so. The room was perfect for us. Extremely clean and not run down at all. The bed was the most comfortable I've been in at a hotel for a long time. And nice linens. The hotel is just 2 blocks from the Festival of the Lights so walking there is easy. We slept good and heard nothing except and occasional train in the distance. The AM complimentary breakfast was good. Clean, fresh items and just perfect for a light breakfast. This place is great, reasonably priced and a very good alternative to spending a lot more money to stay at The Mission Inn. Don't get me wrong, The Mission Inn is fabulous but not everyone can afford it.

1 Thank darmenta1230