“Great hotel for the price !!”

Americas Best Value Inn Riverside
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Montreal, Canada
“Great hotel for the price !!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We were there on a 2 days stay. The hotel looks normal from the outside but rooms were newly renovated. It was very clean and the bed was very confortable. Really enjoyed our stay here. It's far from downtown LA but the price was very good. Riverside city is clean and I was not afraid walking in the area after darkness. A good surprise !

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yves G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Las Vegas
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Having not stayed at a ABV property before i was not sure what to expect. It was in my price range and close to where i had to be, so i booked it. When i got to my room i was very impressed, it was clean, the bed was great and the little things like having USB chargers built into the wall were a great touch. I hope the other properties with this chain offer the same thing.

Room Tip: If you are traveling to go to a show at the Fox theater in riverside this is the place to be.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank gfrenchman
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Our experience was like many of the others: location is very nice, details in room make a difference, and we were there for a wedding! It was a simple, two-four block walk to the Mission Inn and the downtown walkway. Going the other direction (west), the neighborhood is really well-kept and restored older homes that are just gorgeous, similar to many university towns ("old money"). There is also a trailhead to the mountain hikes two blocks west, not your typical SoCal urban environ! The bed was super comfy, the TV was fine, and the bathroom was well done. This is an older property with limited, tight parking and the owners have invested in personal comfort, not frills. Anyone complaining about a "no charge" breakfast should be dismissed! Eat a banana and walk to a restaurant! Tip: the Chamber of Commerce is right next door and can give you advice on restaurants! They suggested Mario's and we enjoyed a fantastic meal there. The staff was extremely courteous. Only negative was neighbors who rolled in late night/early morning and made some noise. Like I said, I am sure many visitors are there with a wedding, so it is to be expected! If you must have high zoot, pay for it. If you want a really nice room for an affordable price, you cannot beat this Inn. Riverside was an unexpected joy to visit.

Room Tip: They did honor our request to be on top floor (only two stories). I would not want to stay in a roo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Place is not bad but can definitely be better. Rooms are quite small but cozy. They can also use some improvements. Television is from the 1980's. Breakfast was ok and not a lot of variety. Overall it's a great stay. Very quiet and prices reasonable.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Located walking distance from most downtown venues and nightlife, this motel was perfect for a great sleep after a night on the town.

I was greeted by a very friendly young lady after watching her patiently yet efficiently help an older woman who wanted to chat. She had me checked in within a few minutes and answered all my questions with a smile.

The room was clean, fresh, up to date, and all details appeared to be installed by a professional. Hot water on demand early in the morning and noise from outside and adjacent rooms was minimal.

A Mexican resteraunt is next door (did not have time to try) with a supermarket across the street (great carne asada).

Anyone that needs to stretch their legs should hike Mt. Rubidoux, about four miles round trip.

• Stayed April 2014
San Clemente, California
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed here for an event at Riverside City College based on other TripAdvisor reviews.

I'm glad I followed everyone's advice and I'll also say that, yes, the neighborhood was less then beautiful. I could feel my nerves get to me when I saw it was near a Greyhound station and a few other neighborhood signs that didn't make me feel very comfortable as a solo traveler. However, once you get inside the room (I as in a nicely remodeled room) I felt safe and comfortable.

Interestingly, when I checked in, I was told I would be on the bottom floor (something I was initially uncomfortable with). When I asked about a room on the second floor, the front desk clerk bit her lip and didn't seem very excited to tell me it would be on the backside of the hotel [gave me the feeling I was safer a few doors down near the front desk and on the first floor then up high and in the back].

I enjoyed the fact, too, that the motel was across the street from a great market and an array of restaurants. Apparently, though, the seafood restaurant isn't worth the price (according to poor reviews on Yelp).

I really enjoyed the bed, linens, the fact there was a refrigerator, and a great shower (one of the better one's I've enjoyed).

The remodeled rooms are nice and comfortable.

Definitely worth the price and location near RCC.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room. Great to be in the front, even if visible from the street, as it feels saf...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Reigate
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We booked this motel as an overnighter following a gig, so it didn't matter if it wasn't 5 star. As it turned out, the room was lovely, a little small maybe, but spotlessly clean, comfortable, had all the necessaries, ie. a (massive) tv, coffee maker, hairdryer, iron, toiletries, even a fridge. Shower was good, towels clean and plenty of them. Breakfast was just perfect, hot drinks, juice, cereal, toast, fruit, pastries, waffles, we really were very pleased with our 'find', great value for money, and the 2 members of staff we met were both really nice too, helpful and efficient. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, no it's not 5 star, but I wish all motels were this nice.

Room Tip: We asked for an upstairs room so we didn't have people above us. Wasn't especially aware of...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple