“guest was very nice, polite, and courteous.”

Budget Inn Riverside
and 1 more site!
Budget Inn Riverside
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Reviewed 24 September 2010

buddet inn is a nice and clean budget place , the staff is very polite and want to make sure your stay is a very pleasant one. I have stayed at the budget fews days a week for a while, i have been treated very nice as a guest, my room is always clean and very comfortable, i would recommend this hotel. as a guest here I have always enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank DClassie
There are newer reviews for Budget Inn Riverside

Reviewed 26 August 2010

My first stay at the Budget Inn in Riverside and I can say with assurance I will be back. There is a helpful and friendly staff, the rooms are ***clean*** and comfortable, and the price can't be beat! Far better than the Motel 6 I have stayed @ before for comparable pricing I felt I got far more at the Budget Inn . I stop along the road on occasion when I am traveling for work and have always preffered smaller chains to the big ones anyway.

The people, location and price make this for me, the BEST value in the Riverside area.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2009

I had a friend come to America, from Canada, for a visit. I would not suggest this place to anyone. Why? Let me explain the multiple situations that happened while she stayed there.

1 - They disconnected her phone while she was staying there, for no reason.

2 - Her child was injured back home and medical staff and family were trying to contact her during this time. The staff that answered kept telling the callers she wasn't in her room, when she actually was. The staff didn't even bother to check. Extremely bad considering this involved a child. Would you want to know when someone you loved was injured and then be sluffed off by staff who didn't care to even attempt to see if you're in your room?

3 - When she found out her phone was off, she went downstairs to the lady and the person there was to busy talking on their cell phone and kept waving at my friend in a 'shoo, go away' manner like she was an annoyance. How would a typical parent take such behavior?

4 - The staff's communication ability is super poor as one person told her she could stay an hour or two past her check out period. However this ended up not happening. Instead she had an old person knocking on her door and screaming, yes screaming, at her to get out... in Spanish. Apparently the hotel staff doesn't have many English speaking people there.

5 - They made her sit outside, in the sun, for several hours in 93+ degree weather. With all her luggage.

6 - As she was opening the drapes to her room she was hit in the eye with a screw. What did the staff do? Waved her away like an annoyance. Being my friend is from Canada she is unfamiliar with the hospitals here. The staff did not even give care.

Honestly, I cannot believe the sheer unprofessionalism and lack courtesy towards clients/guests. I was shocked by the behavior of the maids, the people at the front desk, and this overall experience.

As a human being I would strongly suggest avoiding this place unless you are into being treated worse than a dog.

• Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank LynnTerra
Reviewed 6 July 2008

I'm not to sure where the other people that reviewed before me stayed but it couldn't have been at the Budget Inn. They had people in and out of that motel all hours of the night; most of them were not even guest. We knew we were in a bad place when we saw a hooker getting arrested outside the motel. This part of University Ave was very ghetto and I would have rather stayed closer to the college. The rooms were very "cheap motel" and it really smelled like smoke in a non smoking room. I would never stay there again. This "amazing owner" was nowhere in sight, not even when I asked to talk to him about switching rooms. My colleague and I stayed at The Budget Inn because the Dynasty Suites down the street was sold out. Next time we will either book early with Dynasty Suites or pay a little extra and stay at the Marriott.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
3  Thank Taveler88
Reviewed 8 June 2008

I stayed in the Budget Inn for a few nights during a conference at UC Riverside recently. I was looking for something a little cheaper than those the conference organisers recommended and the Budget in was PERFECT. Clean rooms, comfy beds, wifi and only 15 mins walk to campus.

The owner was super nice. He gave me a lift down to the station when I was leaving and wouldn't take a tip!

You would struggle to find better value in Riverside and you would struggle to find friendlier staff anywhere!!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 February 2008

This motel offered us a clean and comfortable room, for a relatively cheap price. We were also very happy with the friendly and helpfull attitude of the owner. As this was our first visit to Riverside, and to the US in general, his advice and help made us feel welcome and helped us a lot in getting around the first days.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business