“We like this place”

Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Vista
“We like this place”
Reviewed 8 December 2011

We stayed here January 2011 and are making arrangements again for this January 2012. It was clean and comfortable. Some rooms are very small but the one we had was fine. Bathroom was good which is often a problem in economy motels. The grounds were cared for and staff was nice. Not everything was the greatest but for the place and money it was pretty good.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Williams, Arizona
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Staff was very friendly and accommodating.The room we were assigned was neat,clean and very charming.Santa Cruz Inn is a building of significant historical value which we simply loved!All in all we had a fantastic stay..will definitely go back!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
California
Reviewed 18 August 2011

First off, let me stress that I wasn't in the market to stay at a hotel for the ambiance during my trip. I just wanted a cheap hotel that was clean and located in the Riverside area. I had a very nice sized room with two queen size beds (forget room number, but room is right next to the coffee bar room). The bathroom was super itty-bitty and the amenities were a bit outdated.

I enjoyed the little coffee machine they had, which was especially useful to load up on before my long trip to the Salton Sea.

The parking was less than desirable, and I made sure to park fairly close to my room/the office because I was a little afraid people off the street might be curious to "explore" the contents of my truck.

Overall I wouldn't recommend this for a business trip or a special occasion, but if you need a crash pad that has a great rate and is outdated but clean, this is your place.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank BuddhaInHeels
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 18 June 2011

This place has a lot of charm, but also has some quirks. Overall, I would stay here again, but it's not your typical chain hotel. The setting is nice--it's right on Market Street across from the convention center, so if you come for some kind of conference or convention, you can't beat the location. The hotel itself is a Spanish-style, terracotta roof building, and has a nice little courtyard in front of all the rooms. Although you are right on Market St., it feels a bit more secluded (but you can hear the traffic quite well). I was staying by myself, so I requested a typical 2-queen room, but what I got was an apartment. My door led upstairs to a flat with two bedrooms (one with 2 queens, one with 1), a kitchen (with full-size fridge, stove, sink, and microwave), a balcony with a little seating area, and a big bathroom. They also have free wi-fi.

They offer a complimentary breakfast, but apparently only if you make a reservation ahead of time (weird, right?). When I inquired about where the breakfast could be found, the lady asked me if I had a reservation. I was confused, thinking she was asking me if I was checking in right now, so I said, "well, I'm in room ---." She kind of shook her head, like, "never mind." A few seconds later, after doing some typing, she said that the breakfast is only for guests who made reservations. I did, so I wasn't excluded, but I thought that was very odd.

It's definitely a quirky little place, but nice nonetheless. If you're looking for high-end, don't come here. If you're looking for a typical chain hotel room, don't come here. Otherwise, I think you'll like it.

Room Tip: Room 141 seems to be the only one with a balcony
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank MagNEATO
Palatine, Illinois
Reviewed 22 September 2010

No Wifi as promised, room 12 feet from busy road (noisy) and street lamp right outside window at night - think spotlight in your face while trying to sleep. No hot water in bathroom sink; I think you get the picture. But wait, the best part is I reserved room for three nights, stayed only one, but was on the hook for all three nights per their contract. Never again...

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank High_Tech_Cowboy
Toronto, ON
Reviewed 1 March 2010

I had booked in Jan 30th until Feb 5, 2010. I found the hotel in a Mexican style. Which I liked. I had not stayed in a place like that. It was very well maintained. My room was cleaned daily. I had a constant two bars of free wireless internet which worked fine for Skype so I didn't need to call locally. I didn't try the local phone server do to this. The TV though old and not and LCD worked fine and had lots of local cable channels that came in clear. The innkeeper was friendly when I booked in and when asked for directions on the ice machine...she even gave me a quarter for it..because I didn't have any American change yet...I'm from Canada. I found the road a little loud during the day...but market street is a main street and only a walk away from any amenity you require. Walking distance from the Riverside tourist areas...I had perfect weather. Nice and warm and friendly people too.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DonFromMississauga
Belvidere, Illinois
Reviewed 26 February 2010

love the hot tub.the fire place was very nice,the bed was very comfortable

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple