“Nice place, good prices....”

Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Nice place, good prices....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed here one night while daughter touring UC Riverside. Got upgraded due to status. Nice hotel, nice room. They had the standard wanky Marriott in-room coffee machines which I think are kinda stupid and almost an insult for a full service hotel. That said, the lounge is big and the price was pretty good for a full-service; I paid $106 for the night. One complaint was that the front desk staff was really not knowledgeable about local parking opportunities. I asked if I could park on the street, and they said that It would be free until 0600 after which I'd be ticketed. No ... turns out it's free til 0900 and all weekends. Like the coffee; weak for a full service hotel. However, if daughter goes to UC R, I'll be back.....

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kenblakely

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
La Mirada, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night after a seminar. Don't expect any extra bells & whistles. Room was fine, bathroom was small! Within walking distance to Mission Inn & shops on Main...great restaurants too.
Noticed a LOT of groups checking in & the hotel appears to be more business then resort :-)

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
socialmediacoord, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
We are happy to hear we were able to accommodate you during your one night stay in Riverside after your seminar. With our central location in Riverside, we are a great hotel for both business and leisure travelers. We look forward to welcoming you back!

If I may ever assist with future reservations, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Chad Thompson, General Manager 951-784-8000
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

What a wonderful experience, thank you Marriott!
After a flight cancellation I made it to the hotel at almost midnight and was delighted when the lady at reception recognized my elite status and upgraded me to a room on the concierge level. The 12th floor has a fantastic view!

Breakfast the next day was better than most hotels I've stayed in.
Bed was comfy, and room was clean.

My only gripe is that the shower didn't go hot enough, and the water pressure wasn't strong enough. I left the shower without feeling the intense shower relaxation I look forward to in the morning.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Nice Marriott with pretty standard Marriott room. Bathroom small with a mirror that only comes to my chin, but shower was great. If you are going to eat at Marriott restaurant ask front desk for 500 rewards point card and get an extra 500 rewards points for dining. Staff was helpful and wanted to please.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RobReno
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Riverside Marriott. We strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and are happy to hear we were able to assist you with everything you needed during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Riverside!

Chad Thompson, General Manager 951-784-8000
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

The most impressive thing is the hospitality and personal service. I teach at a nearby university and stay often. They have on my profile my preferred room and even my preferred newspaper, and I'm always welcomed with a smile. It's very close to the Mission Inn, which is a much more elaborate (and expensive) place. But while the Mission Inn is institutional and the rooms sometimes fabulous and sometimes spotty, the Marriot provides a warmer if more standard environment.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Sacramento
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

We read previous reviews and honestly were worried. "Seedy area" did not bode well, but the management was so responsive, we went ahead and booked a two night stay for a wedding at the VERY near by Mission Inn. Our room was quite large with a sofa, refrigerator and microwave, along with the King Bed. Housekeeping is impeccable. They do a good job here. Calls to make requests were answered using our names and taking care of us immediately. The hotel is on a main street but we heard no noise. We were literally less than a block from Mission Inn and were assured by our shuttle driver over to the wedding that the walk back to our hotel was safe and easy and it was! This half block is a nice little boutique shopping area, antiques shops, a breakfast venue, a great hair salon (Manhattans-Ariana was super) and a Farmers Market on Saturday morning. In the evening our walk back was pleasant and easy - less than 3 minutes, literally. Honestly, we never felt anything was "seedy". The Starbucks a quick block away, next to the CVS does have homeless people in the parking lot. They were slow and gave you a better look at the people coming and going -- this might have been what put off other reviewers. Just don't go there and you don't have to see anything that might make you uncomfortable. Hotel has a coffee service, serving Starbucks. Half a block toward Mission Inn has a great breakfast place. This is a good value and clean hotel. Staff work hard to make your stay enjoyable. Kudos to all of them.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wairRwe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Since the moment I walked in to this property I was greeted with a smile. I felt welcome and the front desk staff was very accommodating with my requests for a King bed on a high floor. The restaurant was very nice and the steak salad was excellent. The server that helped me was nice,personable, and pleasant to talk to. The bar/lounge also had great service and the staff was attentive and fun. Thank you to the staff at the Riverside Marriott for making me feel special and I look forward to returning soon.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo