Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center
  • Restaurant
US$156
US$102
Hotwire.com
All reviewsthe concierge loungefront deskmission innparking garagewalking distancebreakfast buffet isdowntown arearoom servicethe hotel is cleannachosbusiness tripnice stayoatmealinland empirecoffee makerfestival of lightsamani
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very friendly staff greeted me when I checked in at midnight. The room was clear with a very comfortable bed. The restroom was modern and the shower water pressure was perfect. I would definitely refer the hotel to friends.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Dameee
Hotel M, General Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Dameee,
Thanks for your kinds words and the time you took to share them with us. It is great to hear, that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We value all of our guests and appreciate your feedback. Your offer to refer our hotel ensures our team that we are doing all of the right things in terms of service and in the comfort of our accommodations. We look forward to hopefully seeing you soon. Kind Regards, Chad Thompson/General Manager

Reviewed 9 May 2014

The location is great if you have business at the Riverside Convention Center, other than that this go is an average hotel. The check in desk is hidden in the corner and is very small. The rooms are large but have a lot of wasted space. The entry is huge and useless while the bathroom area is cramped. Staff were fine under the conditions. If you are alight sleeper make sure you get a room facing the convention center. The rooms facing. market street are loud even on the upper levels.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Hotel M, General Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear

Thank you for spending your time to give us your feedback.

We are always willing to find the perfect room for every single guest. I am sorry that you were not happy with the room we assigned to you during your stay. Please contact me directly to book your next stay with us so I can personally select a room for you. My goal is to ensure your satisfaction and I hope that you give me a second opportunity to have your back as our guest. Unfortunately there is some street noise that can leak into the guests rooms from time to time but please rest assured that we are currently addressing this issue by resealing our windows. We are currently about half way through this project and should have the entire hotel completed within the next few months. Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We went to Riverside for National History Day held at the Riverside convention center just across the promenade in late April (2014). We were able to land a reservation at the last minute and change our plans from staying nearby in Corona. This worked out much better for us as it saved the drive back and forth over the next few days. This place has been recently renovated and our room was really clean. We stayed on floor 12, the top floor. Our room was very quiet, the bedding was very comfortable and the staff at this hotel were all very helpful and pleasant. There is parking next door in a large parking facility for $10 / day. There are many restaurants close by within walking distance too. If I had one thing negative to say about this hotel, it would be the Wi-Fi service. It was pretty weak for us and took a long time to connect.

Room Tip: Ask to stay at the top.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris F

Dear Chris,

Thank you for the fantastic review and wonderful comments! The staff and I are so glad you decided to change your plans and stay with us. I am also more pleased that you enjoyed our accommodations as well as all the local restaurants within walking distance of our hotel. However, I am sorry to hear about that issue you had with the wi-fi connection. Please note that we are installing a brand new network in the month of June which will be faster and have a much stronger signal throughout the entire hotel. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future - Chad Thompson/General Manager

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed at the Riverside Marriott for many months due to a longer term business project. This hotel has great people who genuinely care about their guests. I always felt like part of the Marriott family when staying here.

They made every effort to help me feel at home, and I got to know many of the staff very well in my time there. The management is great, and always go out of their way to accommodate when it is possible.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Jacob W
Hotel M, General Manager at Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for your kind comments. We are glad you feel like a part of the Marriott family, as our goal is to be our guest’s home away from home when traveling. Thank you again for staying with us as we know you have many options when traveling. We look forward to welcoming you back! If I may ever assist with future reservations, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I travel on business roughly 80% of the year so I stay in a lot of hotels. Customer service is of the utmost importance for someone like me who simply wants a hassle free stay with clean rooms and knowledgable and kind staff. I will be back.

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank _NWShipley

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for staying with us. We are glad to hear we provided you with a hassle free stay, as we always strive to exceed expectations and provide our guests with the best service. If I may ever assist with future reservations, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.